The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Will The VR4 panel trim fit on a NON VR4 fender

WesternMD_VR4

I found a clean 89 galant at the local junkyard, I have a big dent in my front passenger fender and for 30$ at the junkyard Im thinking of taking the fender off it. Problem it has this black plastic trim on it instead of those vr4 door panels, Im wondering if that can be attached to a non GVR4 fender.. the part on the lower VR4 fender

fuel

Yes it's fine. You may have to drill some holes for the trim clips though.

WesternMD_VR4

A headlight and grill are missing but besides that it's mostly complete, interior is mostly there it is all disassembled inside but all the interior pieces are just laying inside the car, and ill probably end up taking it then we actually started removing it me and my friend last weekend but there's one bolt (near blinker light at front of fender) that you would have to either remove bumper or get up underneath somehow, and we just couldn't reach it, maybe bring a dremel next time

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
That's what I thought, get those bits.

2000GTX

So would the rear passenger side interior door panel have the little circle insert that covers where the bolt is on the armrest?

I've been looking for one for a while.

WesternMD_VR4

I'm pretty sure the door panels were complete finding that lil circle piece should be no problem. Might need to start a grocery list for this bad boy.. Most of the interior was there so any interior parts shouldn't be a problem

Fiascoxl

I need the seat belts and corresponding trim!

edit: Nevermind it looks like they are already gone.

Last edited:

Fiascoxl

Would you be willing to pull them for me and grab the A and B pillar trims to go with them? Also I am interested in the 89 under dash panel with pocket too if you don't need it.

Last edited:

WesternMD_VR4

I'm sure it's all there, if people are interested, I was suppose to go back Saturday for fender but there's a chance of snow so it may not happen, I don't get home from work in time during week, when I go there, I will write a updated list of what's all there and maybe I can move this to the FS section or something

89Mirageman

For that fender just remove the bolt with a 10mm head that screws up into the front of the fender (from the edge of the bumper). You may have to push the fender liner out of the way to get to it. Once it's out you can push down on the bumper and get to those hidden bolts that are holding the fender on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts