The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wideband/logger question.

Perkul8r

So before I got my data logger I had bought an AEM wideband. But now that I have my logger, I was contemplating selling the wideband to get s couple other things for the car. I tried looking to see if it was ok to go without a wideband for the time being, but couldn't find much.

I am not doing much as far as modding. Just turning the boost up a little. Trying to inch it to 12psi on my 16g. I would like to add a MAFT and GM maf to clean up the bay with my new intercooler setup I am gonna be doing.

So would I be fine going without the wideband for a while? I dont race the car much if any, might be doing some autoX stuff soon, but not 100% on that yet. I just dont wanna sell it and find out that I need it bad. I really am new to the tuning part, so I am trying to take it slow.

Thanks.

Last edited:

AnotherNewb

You can monitor your fuel trims and that will give you a good idea if your "in tune". If your not tuning with an safc or dsmlink then you'll be fine without your wide band... however, you don't use your torque wrench everyday bt you still keep it in your tool box. A wide band really is an important tool and if/when you decide you want up the power you will already have it. I would keep it and sell off your collection of 70's playboys before I would get rid of the wide band... just my opinion.

agree i would recommend keeping the wide band as it sounds like you are just around the corner from needing to do some tuning on the car.

DR1665

Quoting Perkul8r:
I am not doing much as far as modding. Just turning the boost up a little.

Messing with the boost on a 16g?
WBO2 is more important than just about anything else that $50 logger setup could ever tell you.

Wanna see this thread blow up? I wonder how many of us have lost engines while racing, versus daily driving...

AnotherNewb

This thread just got jacked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Perkul8r

Quoting DR1665:
Quoting Perkul8r:
I am not doing much as far as modding. Just turning the boost up a little.

Messing with the boost on a 16g?
WBO2 is more important than just about anything else that $50 logger setup could ever tell you.

Wanna see this thread blow up? I wonder how many of us have lost engines while racing, versus daily driving...

When I said a little, I was previously only running 6psi while I sorted out some small issues I was having with the car. And by turning it up a little, I have only gone to 8 psi and have stopped there for now. I was maybe gonna go 10 psi. But I plan on getting a new fuel pump and rewire for it before going any further. Its not like I am just out there cranking the sh*t up. This car is my dd and I have to be nice to it, somewhat. And for the driving I do right now, 8 psi feels good for me. I wanna go more, but I also got some more things I wanna replace.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts