The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

why it doesnt hurt to clean your used fmic

Kibby

Gallon of gas, brake cleaner, and engine degreaser. Nasty. I knew it was gonna be bad when I got it and there was oil sitting in the ic. A lot cleaner inside and out. Gonna install for mock up before I pull the engine and transmission. Gonna make a build thread for 452 soon.

coyotes

I ran a ton of simplegreen through mine, what came out was pretty gross. never hurts to clean it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kibby

Right now what I poured out is sitting in a small trashcan. Plus the fool I bought it from stuffed it in a box with Styrofoam peanuts and broken pieces. I believe I got all of it out. The last bit kinda poured out thicker than gas lol. Im gonna flush it one more time then hook it up tomorrow.

JamesFoster

I ran a couple gallons of ethanol through mine, and let it soak for a few minutes then drained it and ran the hose through it to clean it all out.

citymunky

Quoting Mark:
simple green works well

Be careful If anyone uses Simple Green on Aluminum.

" When used with caution and according to the instructions, Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner has been safely and successfully used to clean aluminum. Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner, Crystal Simple Green Industrial Cleaner & Degreaser, and Simple Green Pressure Washer Concentrates have been used on aircraft, automotive, industrial and consumer aluminum items for over 20 years.
However, caution and common sense must be used: aluminum is a soft metal that easily corrodes with unprotected exposure to water. The aqueous-base and alkalinity of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner can accelerate the corrosion process. Therefore, contact times for unprotected or unpainted aluminum surfaces should be kept as brief as the job will allow - never for more than 10 minutes. Large cleaning jobs should be conducted in smaller-area stages to achieve lower contact time. Rinsing after cleaning should always be extremely thorough - paying special attention to flush out cracks and crevices to remove all Simple Green product residues. Unfinished, uncoated or unpainted aluminum cleaned with Simple Green products should receive some sort of protectant after cleaning to prevent oxidation.
Simple Green has also developed break-through water based cleaners that are safe for use on metals, plastics, rubber and high tech alloys. Extreme Simple Green Aircraft & Precision Cleaner, Pro Series Simple Green Automotive Cleaner, and Simple Green Pro HD are available on both the industrial and retail markets, respectively. These products were initially developed for the aircraft industry and extensive testing shows that they are safe and effective on a variety of metals and other sensitive surfaces even in the most extreme circumstances.

Simple Green Stainless Steel One Step Cleaner & Polish is another option for cleaning polished aluminum. This product is designed for light duty metal cleaning and polishing.
"

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned