The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Why is my throttle reading 100% all the time?

hosmer

This is a continuation of my other thread about idle problems...

I re-installed my safc, let the throttle wire unhooked and set the low idle to +10%....played with the BISS a bit and the car actually held an idle at about 900 w/the lights off

Hooked the throttle wire up and the SAFC is displaying 100% all the time.
Changed out my TPS and still reads 100% (also the surge came back...obviously because my low idle setting is 30%/high is 80% and if its reading 100% its using the high idle settings)

anyway...other than the TPS, what can cause the ECU to see a fully opened idle all the time?

hosmer

forget it....found an answer

-probably a bad ground at teh ECU in case anyone else finds this thread searching for the same thing
although my coolant/temp gauge is working and I believe they share the same ground...?

Also, you can't go by the % the AFC reads. It *learns* those values, they are not real. If you really want to see if the TPS is working, one of the AFC menus will let you actually read the sensor voltages. The TPS should idle at .45-.55 volts, and be somewhere around 4.9 to 5.0 volts at WOT.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts