The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whos galant is this??

alansupra94

No idea but looks like a bit of an attention whore if he posts links to parts. What is the point of that?

DR1665

Yeah. That's a toal douche move. Almost has as astro turf vibe to it.

"Yo, dawg. I'm new and all that, but here's my tricked out rides, all work done by FreqModePerformance. (link to POS), (link to POS), (link to POS)."

That's got clueless, SEO hack attempt written all over it.

alansupra94

Notice how all the douchebag's links are for his more expensive items?

He paid $3500 for a exhaust manifold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif What an idiot. For $2000 I will be soon into my car, I can grantee I will be faster.

There are so many questions this guy raises from being an idiot:
1. Also why pay $3500 for a exhaust manifold and then use an EVO8 turbocharger? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
2. Why only upgrade the pistons?
3. Why get a PWR double pass radiator that is obviously going to block tons of space? 4G63 don't even need that much cooling.

Last edited:

VR_IV_MR

Well thanks for the constructive comments, hopefully they dont deter the owner of this car from commenting.

BTW the exhaust manifold isn't $3,400. That is the price for the entire turbo kit. And considering the EFR turbos are around $1,800, and JMF's manifold (similar) costs $1,200, thats $3,000 right there. Plus I'm not sure what else is included in the kit.

Whats the big deal anyway? I'm kind of happy somebody spends a little money on these cars.

Anyways... can anyone else comment on the fitment of the manifold found on his car? I can't seem to even find that manifold on the full-race website.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

RedTwo

Comment on the fitment? He's taken the FR TD05HR manifold and attached a new turbo flange so the inlet now points more towards the gearbox - probably because the turbine housing clashes with the radiator.

alansupra94

Quoting Lexington:
Well thanks for the constructive comments, hopefully they dont deter the owner of this car from commenting.

BTW the exhaust manifold isn't $3,400. That is the price for the entire turbo kit. And considering the EFR turbos are around $1,800, and JMF's manifold (similar) costs $1,200, thats $3,000 right there. Plus I'm not sure what else is included in the kit.

Whats the big deal anyway? I'm kind of happy somebody spends a little money on these cars.

Anyways... can anyone else comment on the fitment of the manifold found on his car? I can't seem to even find that manifold on the full-race website.

Thanks

Not sure you are right.....says on the website that those are available turbo options....I could be wrong.....might give them a call tomorrow to verify.

VR_IV_MR

click

What do you say about this then?

Any comments about what may fit better with a BW EFR 7670, this or the JMF Top mount manifold? click

I think this will be the route I will go by the end of this year. I'm leaning more towards JMF mainly because of price and top mount sexiness but maybe someone has something to say about this.

Will I be able to keep my AC?

alansupra94

Ah okay. Not sure why the OP of the other thread decided to reference the more expensive kit when he obviously didn't buy that one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

In general, its going to be VERY hard to keep your A/C system with a larger turbocharger. You will need to do a little moving and fabrication here and there.

VR_IV_MR

OK wait, so if we can put EVO 3 exhaust manifolds on our cars, then shouldn't this click manifold work the same way?

They are claiming that the evo users can keep their AC, power steering, and keep a full size radiator. Does this mean I may be able to keep my AC and PS with a BW EFR 7670? I don't mind going to a smaller radiator.

PreskitVR4

Totally different car. That is evo8. Evo3 is still passenger side trans, and that mani points the turbo to the drivers side. The only twinscroll mani I've seen, that is for our cars is punishment racing. UMS tuning is in the R&D phase of a tubular twin-scroll that utilizes all evo 8-9 turbo options.

VR_IV_MR

Im sorry but I am confused by what you said ... what is an evo8? the link click is for a EVO I-III ('92-'95)

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't people run stock Evo III ported manifolds on our cars? This is what makes me think that the TS t4 manifold designed to fit the Evo I-III should work for our car as well.

Unless the pictures of the manifold on the engine are incorrect in that link then they show the Evo 4< engine which is reversed from the Evo 1-3.

I'm thinking they mislabeled the parts on the website.

2of9

i can't really see myself paying 2-3k for a street-use exhaust manifold...If I'm going all out and my goals were 1000awhp then..game on but still...ouch on the price of the manifold for a car being driven "daily" to the mountains.

Holy price batman lol.The first portion of the link is incorrect(Mitsubishi » EVO I-III ('92-'95) » Turbo Manifolds » EVO-4G-TM-TS-T4 from looking at the engine and the pics car it looks more like a later series evo setup. If you look further down the page they also show the dyno results with a GT4088R and a 2.4l evo VIII.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting Lexington:</font><hr />
Im sorry but I am confused by what you said ... what is an evo8? the link click is for a EVO I-III ('92-'95)

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't people run stock Evo III ported manifolds on our cars? This is what makes me think that the TS t4 manifold designed to fit the Evo I-III should work for our car as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts