The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who makes the best subframe bushings??

LIV4PSI

BoostX for the rear, Prothane for the front.

EHmotorsports

If you want solid mounts then go to home depot and pick up some big washers. Just sandwich them and weld everything in. I only recomend this if you know how to weld.

tektic

Is this something you have done? Is this something I could consider on a DD ? I have had ES bushings on my talon and thought they were fine. How much more harsh is the ride?

curtis

Solid bushings are a pita on the street. I've put aluminum bushings in cars and after a few weeks the steel wears against the aluminum on the od as well as the bolt and creates slop and clunk clunk soon follows. As for welding on thick washers with a solid bushing, it can be done but still violent feeling and fine for a few passes down the track but on the street is the wrong idea. Out of all the subframes me and John checked everyone was a little different spec by a hair so just buying a turned aluminum or polymer bushing well lead to wear. I designed the bushings with John to be first pressed in then when the pin is pressed it it compresses the polyurethane slightly so no wear and being a 90 durometer is hella stiff, controls movement and as far as I know the only complains we've ever had is when people didn't follow instructions and removed the inter steel sleeve that the factory rubber was vulcanized to. I left it there for the guys up north that have rust problems. Figured they needed all the steel they could get. I have my set right now and thats all but I'm sure John (Boostx) has some sleeping in his garage.

EHmotorsports

I have poly fronts and solid rears with washer mod. Been my DD for some months now with several track passes. No slop and it will be fine. I've been solid mounting subframes for years with no clunking issues on various cars. It's really personal preference and I'm used to a more harsh ride since I have stiff springs and shocks. Now I would recomend poly fronts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts