The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who here is in 10s?

Sean92AWD

Yeah. I got too an 11.5 and needed tires. Then launching on slicks was a whole new experience. Including a whole new clutch setup since i was informed too slip the clutch lightly all through first so the 2600 didnt like that after 1 or 2 times. Cracking that 10.x barrier sucks. Especially once you get too 11.0-11.2 because it al minor adjustments and driving too hit the 10.x mark. Hopefully i can get the galant to do it.

NateCrisman

I'm hoping/planning to get into the top 10 GVR4 list this year depending on how lucky I get with time and breakage. I don't see much stopping me from getting my car to go solid mid 11's, then jumping up another 50-75hp nitrous jets and making a pass or two for a couple faster runs.

I am shooting for 10's this year, however I am making progress every week. The car is coming appart for the Clutch and Welded Center diff. Also more boost. As long as I get faster every time I hit the track I am doing good. I just need to get that trap over 100mph in the 1/8th. Just 3 more MPH and I am there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. But just like others have said, that last 10% is always the hardest. I am trying the brute force method, throw a shitload of HP at the problem and see if you can get the time you want. I am not the best driver, and I have bad 60' times(2.014 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) and best 60' so far is (1.883).

Sean92AWD

Boz are you droppin the clutch or riding it? What tires are you using?

turbowop

I see broken drivetrain pats in Boz's future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noes.gif

I love driving my car so much that I still fear dumping my twin disk and having to put 1051 up on jackstands while I drop the transmission *again*. I refuse to turn that car into a JSB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Terry Posten

I completely agree with Wop on that one.

I have had to trailer 425 home once. A rear axle snapped.

click

I just want to enjoy my car instead of fixing things after every race day.

Sean92AWD

In a setup like you have unless you like burnouts you dont drop it. Especially a twin disk. Should only use 75-80% of the clutch through first. Ride the hell out of it. But with a twin disk im sure you knew that.

BTW sell me your fogs?

Brianawd

Parts broke after twin disc install
2 ujoints
1 4bolt diff
1 4bolt axle
1 front axle.
I know there will be more.

Sean92AWD

Quoting Terry Posten:
I completely agree with Wop on that one.

I have had to trailer 425 home once. A rear axle snapped.

click

I just want to enjoy my car instead of fixing things after every race day.

Breaking is part of the fun of it! Sticky tracks help too.

turbowop

Breaking sometimes is okay. Having to yank the transmission six f***ing times in one summer is not my idea of fun anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I'm guessing Brian doesn't feel like pulling the head off his car anytime soon either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

Sean92AWD

Quoting Brianawd:
Parts broke after twin disc install
2 ujoints
1 4bolt diff
1 4bolt axle
1 front axle.
I know there will be more.

Man thats rough! You upgrade too race axles or oem replacements for this year?

Sean92AWD

Quoting turbowop:
Breaking sometimes is okay. Having to yank the transmission six f***ing times in one summer is not my idea of fun anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I'm guessing Brian doesn't feel like pulling the head off his car anytime soon either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

Pulling a trans in a dsm has become second nature too me now. But if thats what keeps breaking it does suck after awhile. Having too fix the same problem repeatedly. Luckily in all my track passes was one mishap with too much boost and loosing a piston on the track. Never found it either.

Brianawd

Quote:
Automatic FTW =)

Broken drivetrain parts last year 0

GTFO

Braking parts is never fun. Granted when I do brake a part I'm like f*** it. Its just money. The part I hate about braking sh*t is the down time. Its sucks when its a nice day and I get off work and just want to get in my car and go get some food. Sorry not going to happen because your shits broke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:

thecman02

lol....^

i think i could run a 10 if i tried to go slow.....

1/8 mile that is.

boostingwild

i will probably be in the elevens this summer, but i need more wrenching and more tuning. its just so damn cold and i dont get along with cold very well.

"I will probably maybe theoretically be in the 10s."

Just as I thought before I clicked on the thread, "I could probably name the people that actually run the times or close to it and then the rest will be people saying they should."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts