The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

whiteline W0624 install help needed

teamhightower

Hi all,

I joined the JSBC this weekend! No problems, just finally getting around to my Whiteline install.

However, I'm feeling pretty stupid as I can't figure out where the W0624 bushing goes in the rear. The bushings don't come with any instructions and the Whiteline website doesn't have any info on them. Can somebody please give me a discription of where this puppy goes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

belize1334

IIRC there are two WL bushings for the rear-end. Lower control arm is blue and upper is yellow with an eccentric inner metal sleeve. I don't remember the product codes though. Could you describe the bushing?

teamhightower

I have the other bushings for the upper and lower control arms (and yes, one has the offset inner). This is a much bigger bushing for the rear swing arm. I was assuming that it was like the front swing arm, but can't tell how I'm suppose to install it. This is the only installation picture I can find and I'm not sure it is correct:

alignment thread

W0624 is a big blue bushing that has a lip on both ends and a metal center insert just like the one in this picture. My question at this point is how the heck to you get the bushing installed with the lip on both ends? Do I need to cut the bushing in half and insert from both sides?

belize1334

Hm...don't know about that. Maybe you could contact somebody who sells the Prothane kits and see if they have an equivalent bushing and how that is meant to be installed.

grocery_getter

Greg, you install the bushing in one piece. Just use a hydraulic press to press it in lip and all from one side, the lip will fold and push in and then comes out the other end. Watch that sometimes the lips are directional. You install the metal center insert after the bushing is in. having fun with the gorrila snot yet?

Quoting teamhightower:
I have the other bushings for the upper and lower control arms (and yes, one has the offset inner). This is a much bigger bushing for the rear swing arm. I was assuming that it was like the front swing arm, but can't tell how I'm suppose to install it. This is the only installation picture I can find and I'm not sure it is correct:

alignment thread

W0624 is a big blue bushing that has a lip on both ends and a metal center insert just like the one in this picture. My question at this point is how the heck to you get the bushing installed with the lip on both ends? Do I need to cut the bushing in half and insert from both sides?

teamhightower

Hi Andre!

That is what I thought. I just didn't want to force fit it and be wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Wrestling with front sway bar removal this morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Once I figure which way to twist what I'll get rolling again.

Thanks for the reply and we'll be talking soon about the exhaust and motor mounts. I've about had it with the NVH.

Whoodoo

Good luck Greg! I'll be coming back to town in a little over a month. Hope to see you at a meet sometime to see how things have progressed since last summer. Oh, and who wouldn't like to see pics of everything installed?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts