The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which cam angle sensors are compatable?

AWDPower

I need to run over to the local Pick N Pull on my lunch break in hopes of finding a cam angle sensor for my GVR4 that is stuck at work. I'll obviously check the 4G63 power cars, but which other cars/ engines should I check if I can't find any 4G63's? My understanding is that there are sensors that look the same but are not. I know I need a '91+ for the correct connector. Thank you.

EHmotorsports

correct me if im wrong but the 1.6L,1.8L dohc and 2.0L dohc turbo or non turbo will work. eagle talon,eclipse,laser. DSM 91 to 94/95

89Mirageman

Just look for a 91-94 DOHC DSM. A Galant GS or GSX (depending on year) will work too but they're pretty rare. Most of the Hyundai stuff uses 90 style DSM sensors and they are slightly different.

r4pt0x

As long as you don't take one of those weird DSM ones they are all interchangeable if they are mechanically identical... so if it fits onto the head and the plug it will work.
The earlier ones with metal cover are optical ones (LEDs and phototranistors), the later ones use hall sensors, but the output signals are all the same. If you can, get one of the later ones with the plastic cover (e.g. Colt/Mirage with 4G93 DOHC) - those are the hall type sensors, which are a bit more accurate in theory, but you should mainly go for them because they arent 20+ years old...

The DSM ones with the huge metal rotor are 90° off, so you would have to change the wiring at the injectors and coils - but as they are not a bolt-on replacement just don't go for one of those...

Just look out for any Mitsubishi 4G6 or 4G9 DOHC engine from ~88-94 and you will find a fitting sensor

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts