The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

where to put a build thread?

Paddy1337

Don't want to come in here breaking rules. I've got newbie in my title, and in the member's showcase section the rules basically all say that's not the place for me to post a build thread.

But, I'd still like to make a thread, in the correct location. Mainly because there has been a lot of outside interest from members who want to see the car progress. Bought the car back in summer, I think, and we're beginning the fabrication tomorrow on rally prep.

So, where do I make such a thread. My car is not beautiful, it's not going to end up beautiful. It's going to look like a monster truck and be gutted with a cage in it. Hopefully going really fast in the dirt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thanks,
Tim

EHmotorsports

Most post builds in the general VR4 disussion section.

ktmrider

Can't wait to see the conversion/transformation Tim!

Paddy1337

Well, when I left today, the only thing left inside was the steering column, heat stuff behind the dash bar, and rear door panels. Holy CRAP the sunroof is heavey when all said and done.

Hopefully someone wants to buy those mint condition back seats. They are in stupid good condition.

ktmrider

Yep, so are the door cards. Short of my fat azz hitting the front/DS bolster to the cords the fronts are decent.

Tell Josh I'll get off said fat azz and ship those trim pieces sometime this week. Had 12/21 thru 1/5 off of work, completed most of the LGT work ( sold my Outback ).

Paddy1337

speaking of fat azz... guess what we noticed.

the driverside seat bracket mounting point was broken. partially attached at the bottom, but it wasn't going to do squat in a crash. Noticed when we stripped the carpet and found 20 years of "stuff" under there too, lol.

We'll just be welding it back in place, stronger than oem, and use it for the custom brackets.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned