The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where to mount a stereo amp?

blacksheep

Do you have a lot of bass esp when your pass-thru is completly blocked? Those JL amps are awesome. You are pushing that sub with some mondo power, so I guess it probably is enough bass...
wink.gif

turboflanagan

Usually too much bass. I have to turn the sub output down to almost nothing because of the level that I prefer to have it. Now some songs requires turning it back up to about halfway. Just depends on the mix of the song and my mood, but yeah, there is Plenty of bass even with the passthrough closed and two big amps (that might pass as a fire wall) there too.

500 mono watts to the sub. 150w to each front channel xover, and 75 to each rear channel xover.

And it, like my engine, is not tuned very well, but is VERY enjoyable!

quote:Originally posted by Matticus:
The first owner of my Galant installed this crazy amp under the passenger seat. It is like a 4-5 channel amp. It runs the fronts, mids, rears, and a pair of 8" subs in the trunk (8s bump hard YO!) It is a pretty big amp and fits very nicely under the seat. I think the manufacturer of the system was ADC or something like that. So, my vote is the passenger seat. That's my choice too. The previous-previous owner of my car installed two Phoenix Gold amps, one under each seat, on little wood platforms he built. Under the platforms he had crossovers, signal processers, an epicenter, lots of junk.

Now it's just the two amps (one to run the speakers, one runs the 12" Lanzar), and I switched out his junk for a single Audiocontrol crossover under the passenger's seat, which is where my power distribution block is.

Plenty of room under there
smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned