The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

where i can find or buy the 5 plug conversion?

CSMShaun

Quoting brandonechols:
"I don't consider the 5-lug swap difficult...if you can't figure it out from the threads here + the VFAQ, then you probably shouldn't own a GVR4."

I do not consider it difficult either. But this is your opinion and is an assumption that the OP has the experience and skill that you must possess in vast quantities. Anyone can own a GVR4; mechanical aptitude is not necessary in a country full of other people that are mechincally gifted, such as yourself.

Quoting brandonechols:
"And you don't have to "disassemble" your drivetrain - so I'm not sure what that comment was about, maybe I have a different idea of what it means to "disassemble" the drivetrain than you do though."

You must certainly have a different idea as to what "disassembling" a drivetrain could entail. By removing the rims and tires you have affectively disassembled the drivetrain. By removing the spindles and hubs you have further disassembled the drivetrain. I personally would remove the CVs to have more room to work so that would require even further disassembly of the drivetrain.

Quoting brandonechols:
"And lastly, yes - using wheel adaptors is both cutting corners, and idiotic...particularly so when the proper way to do things is as simple as it is."

Again you voice your opinion as fact regarding the procedure required to perform this swap and the usage of wheel adaptors. Just because you say something does not mean it is absolutely correct.

Quoting brandonechols:
"And the mods here are awesome."

I fully agree that they are knowledgable and dedicated to these vehicles. The fact that this thread is still not locked and continues to be a debate about inconsequential topics that do not pertain to the original question of the thread speaks of the improper moderation to which I referred.

AnotherNewb

Quoting Alpha Male:
where would the 5th plug go? we only have 4 cylinders...

I think this is the comment that took this thread off topic...

This is a smaller comunity that doesn't relie on Mods to be our Mommy's. With that said, we can poke and make fun and solve stupid disputes all we want. When things get out of hand and peoples feelings start to get hurt, then the mods will step in. This isn't DSMTuners where when a thread goes off topic it turns into a trans continental brawl. With that said, it is only Alpha Male and CSM shaun that have this thread jacked. One member pointed out the grammar error, everyone laughed at it, I put up a funny comment. You two are the only ones keeping a thread that has been answered before your silly argument going. Me too since I typed this rant...

Nuf Said The Mods ROCK here!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts