The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

when upgrading to a 2.2 stroker, should I upgrade to bigger injectors?

scottinalaska

It comes with a Stage2 head and upgraded turbo and exhaust manifold, but still running a stock ECM. I understand I may have just walked into having to support this fresh engines with more and more stuff (should have just rebuilt the factory one!). But I was checking with the experts on their experience if I can drop my old injectors back in.
I am not going to be running turbo pressures more than 18. The engine is all forged and "too much" money was spent by the last guy before he ever fired it up.
Thanks,
Scott

gvr4ever

Stock PSI was around 11. With a rewired fuel pump, the stock injectors could max out at 14-15psi on 93 pump (on a stock engine). I don't see how you could run 18psi.

scottinalaska

Perhaps you are right. I also run a 97 Toyota GT4 AWD and have those pressures with my uprated turbo. I figured this could happen here as well, but I risked running it lean if I couldn't support it with more fuel. That was what I was trying to avoid.

thomcasey

Throw a 2g-maf and EVO 560cc injectors and you can run 19-23lbs all day long (with a bigger turbo, that is). I ran this setup with an e316g and she ran like stock, except for the extra shove in the back. The 560 injectors have the same deadtime as the stock 450's, and the 2G-maf makes up for the extra injector size with more airflow.

Eztoril

2g maf and 550/560 are good upgrades.

OP, I got a 2g maf and rc550s that are just sitting in a box after I went with a evo maf and injectors since I use an evo ecu. I haven't posted them for sale but you can PM me if you want them? Everything's in good condition and I cleaned the injectors a few months ago.

idreamidrive

Quoting scottinalaska:
Perhaps you are right. I also run a 97 Toyota GT4 AWD and have those pressures with my uprated turbo. I figued this could happen here as well, but I risked running it lean if I couldn't support it with more fuel. That was what I was trying to avoid.

Sorry for the hijack, but what about that bold part?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts