The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

whats inside????

Redwood

i was just wondering what all came stock on these cars in the engine bay as in what rods and cams and base internals. didnt know whe wheaher or not if the galant was like the 1g talon or not.

if someone could help on or tell me a good place to find because i cant find the info anywhere.. thanks

Terry Posten

The GVR4 motor is exactly the same as any 1G manual car's setup(14b, 450 injectors). The GVR4s have a very small front mount instead of a side mount. The tranny in the GVR4 has a weaker 1st gear but the rest is the same. All GVR4 rearends were open and had the gear ring and pump for the rear steering rack. The GVR4 driveshaft is longer than the TEL units. The GVR4s hubs were all 3 bolt/4 lug ABS setups.

Redwood

ok thank you for the information. thats what i was thinking but wasnt for sure on my knowledge of these cars yet. i appreciate the help.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned