The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What turbo do you run?

OoThomioO

I read on a few forums that the Precision SC6152 does not hold up when put on a 4g63. Just wanting to see what everyone rolls on their vr4 to maybe get some ideas what I should go towards from my 6152 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Guessing its Ball Bearing or nothing lol

jmorri15

greddy 18g

citymunky

th06-20g

Tre3zy

B16g

alansupra94

S16G right now but soon a VGT Holset. I think I will be the only guy running that in a galant VR4 PROPERLY.

Muskrat

This thread is basically worthless. Choose your turbo based on your application.

What are your goals?

OoThomioO

I was basically seeing what type of turbos ppl ran, seeing if anyone had something similar to mine and non bb. I would be hella happy with 400whp with the 2.3 stroker kit, but I'm more about making the car reliable. Which is why I'm worried about the journal bearing SC6152 and alot of the issues people express on dsmtuners with them (journal precision turbos). Anyways, I was more curious what ppl ran on their Vr-4....

Muskrat

My point is someone who just wants a quick 300hp dd and someone who wants a 600hp beast will have two very different setup's. One will respond saying they have an Evo 3 16g the other a FP HTA GT3586R. What does that tell you, that is relevant to your setup, if they don't tell you what the car is set up to do?

For 400hp a 20g, hx35, or other similar turbo will get you there. You could even do it with an evo 3 16g. You don't really need to spend a buttload on ball bearing turbo's for that. People in the Galant world run the same stuff as the dsm guys. And 400hp has been done over and over again reliably.

Remember to get all your supporting mods done first, though!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts