The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What to do with this?

Andy_S

So this just came in the mail today. Its got a weird flange and puts the turbo in a weird spot. Either way, its t-304 stainless. Its got some pretty thick runners too. I got it for hardly any $$, but I am debating what to do with it. I could either change the flange and try to use it, cut it up in pieces and use the parts for another project, or keep it as a paper weight. Anybody have some ideas? It seems pretty well built, but I don't like the wastegate routing. Its not a true divided mani or equal length runners. What do you think?

curtis

You could change the flange and make a nice piece for little to no money. It looks like a dodge/garrett flange /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

I kind of like thew way it kicks toward the passenger side.

Andy_S

Yes, I would really like to use it. I am running a dsm flange turbo, but would you think it would be best to go with a T3? It leaves lots of room for the exhaust.

curtis

I'd just flange it for what ever you have. But you may have to redesign the front motor mount dependent on how far down the turbo hangs from it.

curtis

one more thing while the flange is off have your tig welder blend in all the welds that penetrated inside then port and clean up what he can't get then weld on the new flange.

Andy_S

Could you describe this blending technique a little more? Would he add material to it, and then I would go back and smooth it out with a die grinder?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts