The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What to do when the motor and transmission are out

moidsm1

So far i have cleaned and detailed the bay. But I would like to ask, What are some things I can be doing to the shell while the drivetrain is out? Next I will be working on repairing and cleaning any electrical connectors that may need it. Im looking to make a running list of mods for anyone else who may find themselves with a shell and alot of time on their hands. Any major Mods? Post em with links to the How to section maybe? Thanks

Terry Posten

AC removal
ABS removal
Scirocco Radiator install
Repaint bay
Replace stock motor mounts with profain units
Replace all rubber bushings under front subframe (swaybar, control arm, etc...)
Remove AWS lines and reservoir, install TEL reservoir
Install oil cooler and lines

rheckert

Quoting Terry Posten:
AC removal
ABS removal
Scirocco Radiator install
Repaint bay
Replace all rubber bushings under front subframe (swaybar, control arm, etc...)
Remove AWS lines and reservoir, install TEL reservoir
Install oil cooler and lines

I agree with all but removing the AC

boostedinaz

Keep in mind where he lives. A/C removal and a smaller radiator may not be the best mods for a car in 115+ heat.

moidsm1

ABS and Bushings will definetley be done. and I do live in Tucson, A/C has to stay.

But good list guys, Hopefully this thread can help others who end up with an open bay.

DR1665

Quoting Terry Posten:
AC removal

The things I went through to put the AC back into mine. I enjoy my 45* AC. So what if it's like pulling a trailer full of sand with two flat tires?

Quoting Terry Posten:

Do those cuss more? If so, I want some for the rally car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Hey Tucson, DSM_SW meets up on the 12th this month. In-N-Out Burger, north side of Ray Road, about two blocks east of I-10. Starts around 7-8, runs to 10-11.
See you there.

Ever notice how every time Brian mentions his ac it gets colder. Last I heard it was 5x*. Next it will be 35*. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do everything Terry said except remove ac. I would not recommend a civic style half sized radiator if you live in Phoenix or Tucson. Civic style radiators are good for cars that have no ac, drag race or northern climate where it does not get over 95-100*.

belize1334

If your steering rack is leaky now would be a good time to replace it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts