The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What parts on an evo can we use?

Just wondering what parts we can use off an evo 9 MR. I know about wheels/interior/Steering wheel/Suspension with modification but what eles can we use? I was wondering if i could use the hubs for the 5 lug swap? Any insite would be helpfull.

thanks
Jesse

Polish

Rockers, Valves, Valve Springs, Retainers, Pistons, Injectors, Shift Knob, and I know there is more.

BoostedAWD91

im pretty sure u can use most of the valve train from the 9's like u can with the evo 8's. Valve Springs, valves, cams... someone please confirm

CarRacer

The MAS is usable as well with proper ECU compensation.

Polish

Ahh good one CR, I forgot that.

It also reminded me of the Intercooler too.

RedTwo

I'd say you can probably use the tripple diamond badge and the "Evolution XOXOXO" badge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You can use all of it if you want to put the effort into making it fit.

Brunoboy

Quoting turbowop:
I'm told the air diffuser on the roof fits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

tre3zy has it on his car.

fivestardsm

You can also fit the rims onto our cars, aswel as the seats with a little work. The Steeringwheel looks good in them too, along with the guages if you want them. If you want to add some OEM rice effect, you can put the spoiler/wing on too.

Also, The exhaust can be used under the VR4's with modification, but Im not sure how much. You can also use the brakes if you get the brackets, but I dont remeber if you can use the rotors or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbowop

Quoting brunoboy:
Quoting turbowop:
I'm told the air diffuser on the roof fits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

tre3zy has it on his car.

I said that as a joke. Ricers don't usually see the punchline though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

MAF works great as well. Same wiring schematics as a 2g maf, just smaller plug.

25% more flow than the 2g. It worked GREAT on my 1g. For sure the best pull thru style MAF to run in my opinion.

464/2K

Fuel pump

MMCVR4

Front license plate bracket, with some drilling. Keep the cool air on that intercooler. The only downside is that it will cover the LH fog light, unless it's broken like mine.

Last edited:

spoiler? lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
img.php

spooln4fun

Does anyone know if he can use the rear end of the car? Or the axles?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned