The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is this

Hondakiller

What is this?
Its on a 91 gvr4 its on the fire wall next to the cruise control unit.
Its nether a Fuel pressure solenoid, or a Evaporative emission purge solenoid.
Red arrow: vacuum lines go.

prove_it

Looks like your EGR valve solenoid. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Been a while since I've had one.

purge control solenoid valve.

http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/1G/solenoids.htm

http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/1G/visual-index.htm

vacline05qb-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Geno,
This is a very cool link. Thanks for sharing it. Do you know if there has been one created for the Galant VR4?
-Kevin

Dude that was the most informative PCV post ive ever seen.. lots to think about. Think im gonna get me a catch can or two. I know on nissans we had to use them on turbo engines because it would pop the dipstick out all the time especially on ca18det's and sr20.

Brunoboy

I was looking at that today aha , always wondered what it was for.

Hondakiller

Quoting kjwillia:
Geno,
This is a very cool link. Thanks for sharing it. Do you know if there has been one created for the Galant VR4?
-Kevin

There is. I was looking under the hood and there is a vacuum hose routing diagram on the left side of the hood.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts