The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is needed for a 3000gt brake coversion

VR42LT

Gday Guys i tried serching this in old threads but couldnt find what i was after. I want to do a brake conversion on my AUS spec Vr4, i understand i will need bigger wheels and might have to go with the 5 lug set up, but i just need to know whats needed to do the 3000gt (mitsubishi) calipers on my Vr4, i would like to do the front and rear conversion. Any help or pics would be VERY appriciated.

Thanks Wade

Wade, I've put together a kit for the front conversion. There's no provision for the rear parking brakes so no one ever bothered with using the 3kgt rear calipers. Just leave the stock calipers there.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

do u need have a 5 lug setup to run these calipers or will they were with stock 4 lug with 17" wheels. Im guessing they wont fit with the stock wheels

Last edited:

You can redrill the 5 lug rotors for 4 lugs. No they won't fit the factory wheel. They will clear the Evo 8/9 17" & Evo X factory 18" wheels. These are the cheapest wheels you're going to find of this caliber.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

Well i have a set of 17x7" wheels that are on the car for my calender pic so i would think they would fit. what rotors can be used with them garfield? i got a set of the calipers for a good deal so ill have to get the bracket and rotors

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts