The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What happens when injectos are to big

tintoy

Add question: i have a 1g engine upgrade to evo3 510cc, maf, fpr, evo5 fuel pump and big 16. But still have the stock ecu(5808). Sfac LO and Hi zero. Will that hurt my engine?

Terry Posten

Once you get serious about piping, everything from intake to hot/cold side, go to www.siliconeintakes.com.

Prices are good, quality is great, and service is fast.

If you look at my car in the link below, you will see their 4" chrome piping for the intake, 2.25" piping on the hot side, along with all the silicone couplers/elbows and t-clamps.

You can literally built an entire IC tract with this stuff.

Have fun.

Last edited:

James

for the people who care, after putting in the 2g maf, the car is running at what my ass dyno would say is 90% of top notch.

im still trying to get ym logger working, so if anyone can help please visit that thread. im not going to buy a safc if i cant get the logger working.

click

Last edited:

Barnes

Do you still have a stock ECU?

James

ecu is from a 92 5speed talon tsi

changed my signature so people don thave to ask

Last edited:

Barnes

A stock ecu is not enough to properly compensate. This topic (550cc injectors + 2g maf) has been discussed before. If I recall correctly, 550cc injectors and 2g maf will balance each other out. But only to a point. I believe that in the upper RPM band you start to get a lean condition. Obviously this is not a good situation. Don't let your butt dyno fool you into thinking your tune is correct.

James

well ive got the masses trying to figure out why my logger wont connect... and everyone is coming up blank. i dont know what to do from here. safc is useless without a way to read what happening.

so im sitting on $300 worth of useless electronics and a car that doesnt run properly.

James

Yea let me pull that $800 from my ass. Oops there it is.

Shipping out my logging setup to Eric today, hopefully he can get this worked out for me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned