The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what are these connections?

stealthtt24

So its been awhile since I've wrenched under the hood of the g ride. I'll be posting a bunch more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. These look like coolant connections of some sort. UPDATE- the wires in the 2nd picture have been confirmed.

1st pic right connection- 02 sensor left connection- 02 ground, tape off
2nd pic right connection- ecu temp sender on the front of the t-stat housing
2nd pic middle connection- temp sender for the gauge, front of the t-stat housing
2nd pic left connection- Its the coolant temp switch for the a/c system

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
top pic is for the o2 pigtail and resides in that bracket down on the tranny under the t-stat housing

second pic, two pin is for ecu temp sender on the front of the t-stat housing

second pic, single pin is for temp sender for the gauge, also located on the front of the t-stat housing.

stealthtt24

Thanks toybreaker, I had a feeling that one was the o2 gauge connector. I know these connections look like sh*t, this is how it was when I got the car. I'll be posting more up soon. You own!

stealthtt24

Toybreaker, you see in the first pic the wire next to the o2 sensor? It's damn near bare, what is that one?

Also, in the second pic you see the wire that is on the very left of the screen? It's a 2 pin wire as well, almost looks like it goes into wire loom but it doesn't, whats that?

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
That's the end of the shield wire. It cuts down on electrical interference on the o2 signal wire.

It goes to ground at the other end by the ecu.

Just wrap it back around the wires, taking care to avoid any damaged areas of those wires, and tape it down with a quality electrical tape like "scotch super 33"

stealthtt24

You da man, edited one of my post wondering about the 2nd pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting stealthtt24:
Also, in the second pic you see the wire that is on the very left of the screen? It's a 2 pin wire as well, almost looks like it goes into wire loom but it doesn't, whats that?

The one that passes thru your hand, has two wires and doesn't have a connector on it?

I *think* that's the coolant temp switch for the a/c system. It goes to the connector that's on the top of the t-stat outlet neck.

What are the wire colors?

desant78

Quoting toybreaker:
top pic is for the o2 pigtail and resides in that bracket down on the tranny under the t-stat housing

second pic, two pin is for ecu temp sender on the front of the t-stat housing

second pic, single pin is for temp sender for the gauge, also located on the front of the t-stat housing.

When i bought 1662, the PO cut all the factory plugs. Does it matter if you switch the yellow wires shown? I might have accidentally done that and that would be causing all my problems of reading 7 to 15degF temps..

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting desant78:

When i bought 1662, the PO cut all the factory plugs. Does it matter if you switch the yellow wires shown? I might have accidentally done that and that would be causing all my problems of reading 7 to 15degF temps..

For a quick test to sort this out, with the key in the on/run position, take the single wire that runs out to the t-stat and jumper it to ground briefly while someone watches the temp gauge.

If that is indeed the wire that runs to the gauge, it'll peg the temp gauge on hot.

A few seconds won't hurt anything, but don't leave the wire grounded for long, as it will eventually piss off the resistors that make up the wheatsone bridge inside the gauge, and that will affect it's accuracy.

If that wire really belongs in the two pin set that runs out to the ecu, the temp gauge won't move.

stealthtt24

Quoting toybreaker:
Quoting stealthtt24:

The one that passes thru your hand, has two wires and doesn't have a connector on it?

I *think* that's the coolant temp switch for the a/c system. It goes to the connector that's on the top of the t-stat outlet neck.

What are the wire colors?

Sorry I forgot about this. I don't have A/C, can I just get rid of that wire?

The color wires of the single wire is green/black and green/red.

stealthtt24

Here are more pictures...

These are near the power steering reservoir. Orange plug- A/C plug
Black/purple plug- ??
IMAG0141.jpg

These are on the passenger side by the firewall- ???
IMAG0142.jpg

Ignore the large plug on the left. Small black plug- ???
IMAG0143.jpg

These are by the front of the car, passenger side, near the battery and headlight
Two black plugs and one black/purple plug- ??
IMAG0144.jpg

Black plug- ??? black/purple plug- ??
IMAG0145-1.jpg

Last edited:

Brunoboy

the orange cap is for the AC Line......Driver side wall by the headlight plug,

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
4th pic: solenoids on air can and your reverse light switch I think.

5th pic: Fan connectors

6th pic: a 2g maf plug (is it wired permanently in)?

stealthtt24

I'm bumping this cause I've edited what I now know and will be posting more plugs in a few minutes...

stealthtt24

Damn this is frustrating. I keep finding plugs and they are either too damaged and I need to replace them or I don't know where they need to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Big plug- Alternator Yellow plug- Power steering
IMAG0204-2.jpg

A/C compressor plug
IMAG0205.jpg

Last edited:

stealthtt24

This is off my transmission, broke obviously. what is it? REVERSE LIGHT SWITCH

IMAG0206.jpg

Last edited:

JSchleim18

1. Alternator Plug is the big one...the small one you are holding is for the power steering
2. AC Compressor Plug
3. Reverse Light Switch Plug

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts