The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

weird issue - ignition to start, activates fuel pump

chrisfullwood

I just got done rebuilding my car, did alot of work to it, now i have some weird issue.

the first time i hooked the battery back up, i put the key in the on position , the fan came on, as normal, the turbo timer was on showing 0.30 as normal.
everything seemed to be fine.

well then i turned it off, then back on, and it made a weird grinding noise. Turned out it was the ISC making the noise, so i unplugged it. Now, the fan doesnt work, the turbo timer doesnt come on, you cant hear the fuel pump running. When i crank it, all it does it fire up the fuel pump. Thats it.

i cant figure this out. so some help would be awesome.
Thanks
Chris

chrisfullwood

no, turns out i had 2 single post wires in the wrong places. So i swapped them over and things worked. Some of the other issues were, bad grounds, terrible connections in spliced wires. and a popped fuse.

spent the entire day fixing it, and everything seems to be working... i went to fill up the tank with gas, and as the gas pumped... it poured out the hose coming from the gas tank, so i have replaced all kinds of stuff, and ended up with this, stopping me from getting my car on the road.

awesome, Mitsubishi luck strikes again,.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned