The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

waste gate Help

Terrance362

Well I am in the process of getting my manifold for 565 and but I need to decide on what size waste gates to go with. The turbo is the gt4088r, I wanted to go with twin 38mm or should I go with a big single???? I am going to go with tial v-band waste gates. The car will see the street and strip, but more so street. Please help on sizing and should I get twin or single waste gates... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

onesickcrx

Is it twin scroll? Because two wastegates are a pain to bolt on I would highly recommend Vband. On the other hand budget wise you don't need two 44's a pair of 38's would work fine. If you are using a single wastegate I would go with a 44 vband for the size of your turbo and easy install and removal.

I have two 44's on my top mount so much easer to put it together or take apart when working on it I wouldn't change it for anything else...

Terrance362

what size turbo are you running on you car?? I would love to get two 44mm but wouldn't I get some kind of air surge...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

onesickcrx

well from what I have been told there has been alot of issues with running one wastegate on a twin scroll manifold setup like surging issues.

Me I have a 35RHTA

Who making the manifold for you?

turbowop

With a turbo that size, I would have expected you to have already done your homework on such things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Whenever you see twin wastegates, it's because it's on a twin scroll setup. You really only need one wastegate otherwise.

onesickcrx

I know JMF and fullrace make twinscroll manifolds that work and perform great why not look into one of them?

onesickcrx

The 38mm wastegates have more then enough flow to work for a twinscroll manifold pluse you can get them in vband now.... http://www.tialsport.com/prod_wg_mvs.htm deffently go vband if possible with eather 44's or 38's plus the new 38's have a smaller head on them easyer install /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Dthumb.gif

Terrance362

I really want a jmf top mount but omg it is a grand..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I have not looked at full race but I am sure that it is a grip as well.

1qkfwd

I am running a dnp twin scroll manifold, the design sucks and makes it a half of twin scroll since they tee into one tial 44. It holds boost rock solid with maybe a 1/2 lb change from 6400 rpm to 8900. This is with a 4088R. The problem I found is that running one wastegate that size is that you cannot run low boost level. I have the biggest springs you can get. I believe it like 22-24 lbs. Without a boost controller I'm seeing 26-27 lbs. I can check this tomorrow since I'm headed to the track. The other thing that leads me to believe that one 44 gate is to small, was that I have maybe 25 passes on this manifold and it cracked right where the tee's are. That's just too much exhaust build up in that one spot. If you plan on less than 25 lbs I would suggest two gates at least 38 and I think 44 would not be over kill.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned