The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

waiting for answer urgent

ok, I will post this here cause its stupid but i cant get my valve cover off got all the bolts out including the timing belt cover please help am i missing something. Also there is a hose coming off the back twords intake that has a screw fitting in what is this i cant get it t thread back in. I know this is a dumb question but please just tell me if iam missing something thanks. Im a reformed honda guy.

AnotherNewb

Pictures are worth a thousand words. I'm sure you got the bolts on the inside and outside of the valve cover. Sometimes the rubber gasket sticks. Just tap the sides of the VC with a rubber mallet, gently, to break the seal. You can try a flat tip screwdriver between the head and the VC but I don't usually do this because sometimes you can deform the sealing surface of the head, or crack a valve cover. BTW If you are going to have so many questions, you need to get a digital camera so we can see what your looking/talking about. Sounds like this car is going to need a bunch of work... Fun times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raptorWagon

that line coming off the back of the valve cover is your PCV valve, that goes into the intake manifold. On which end did you unscrew it? In which case you could have just popped the line off instead of unscrewing the port. I take it you removed the PCV altogether in the process and now it won't thread back in, once you do get the cover off take a look at the threads and see if they are stripped.

Adorsey

Watch out for stripping those VC threads in the head. They go easily.

SmoothCustomer

Quoting Dbossman:
Easily I hope. Aluminum's pretty soft, and easy to scar.

Yeah, but it doesn't seem like a huge deal. A good amount of rtv in a torn up spot and that nice soft vc gasket it doesn't seem to leak.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned