The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wacky Fuel pressure

Did you drill out the hole in the replacement banjo bolt? If you compare them, the factory hole is larger. I drilled mine out when I installed it and mine doesn't flutter.
confused.gif

I can post pics when I get home.

[/QUOTE]ok, whatever you are saying has gone well over my head. please explain. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Let me clear it up a bit.
Someone mentioned that their fuel pressure was fluctuating a bit and you said it was due to the stock FPR and that with an aftermarket FPR the fuel pressure would be much more stable.

My situation is the following
A rewired Walbro 255lph pump with a B&M Commandflow FPR. With the hose off my FPR I attempt to set the base pressure to 50psi however the needle on my fuel pressure gauge still fluctuates approximately +/- 1psi. However when I put the vaccum line back on the FPR the fuel pressure gauges fluctuates much more to a degree of +/- 4psi.

This should not be the case according to your statement about the FPR stablizing the fuel pressure. I am now thinking that due to the B&M utilzing the stock diagphram from the stock FPR that may be the reason why it is fluctuating. I had a SpoolinUp Unit on my car for a short period of time and I do not recall the fluctuations on the fuel pressure gauges.

So basically I think I just answered myself but add your comments if you like.

Ant

04DrBlur

Thanks Joe I drilled out the hole to stock size and now the gauge reads within 1 psi. That makes me feel a little better.
Now with my 255 low pressure pump and all stock fuel system with the vacuum line off it is right at 44-45 psi. With the line connected it drops to only 40-41. I thought it should drop more but that is probably cause of my pump huh?

markrieb

The B&M unit that modifies the stock FPR is only able to *raise* the base fuel pressure not lower it.

i.e., the B&M unit is worthless if you have an upgraded pump.

Mark Rieb

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts