The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 engine

DRG

i just bought #539 VR4 wrecked in the rear. I have a number of pms but no mention of the engine. I am starting to wonder if I paid too much (I have to get $1500 out of the car). I thought the engine would have been the valuable part that everyone wanted. Did I mess up?

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Yes

Jesus_Negros

I mean, no.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
I mean, no.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Looks pretty clean and unmolested under the hood. Damn shame it's wrecked. How bad does the rear look?

DRG

Its totaled, it was an extremely clean car. I pulled it (rough pulled) to get the trunk open. Was nice as well with a fosgate sub and Alpine cd changer and Fosgate amp.

GSTwithPSI

Yup, that's totaled.

Damn dude, that really sucks. I bet there's not a spec of rust on that thing.

I wish I was closer. I need that front bumper.

Last edited:

DRG

no rust anywhere. Not even a chip in the glass either, no interior stains. The man who owned it really loved this car

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

I bought a 560sec for $1000. I started parting it out and made $1000 the first week on little sh*t. I still have 85% of the car left. You gotta know what cars to part out. A stock mitsubishi isnt a good parter unless you buy it super low.

Last edited by a moderator:

DRG

The mileage is claimed to be original and the condition of the car confirms it. I may not know VR4's but I do know cars and condition. I need $1500 out of the car to come out on it. As far as I can tell the only things not working is the right electric mirror and the fog lights. It runs great and the ac is cold.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Engine $500-$600
Transmission $300-$400
EPROM ECU $150
14B turbo $100
Engine harness $150-$200
Badge $125
Rear dog legs $50
Fuel tank and sending unit $250
Front bumper $150

The easy sellers will make you more than $1,500.

MellowVR4

I would love the hood if clean.

vr4g63

Not exactly a great investment,But I'm thinking you should be able to get very close to breaking even, maybe even make a couple bucks if you can store what doesn't sell immediately. If you part it out, I'd be interested in both rear doglegs. PM me please.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned