The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VIDEO ADDED..HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnotherNewb

Have you tried disconnecting the clutch switch and cranking with the clutch not pushed in?
oh and +1 for swapping a known good battery into it. I have tried jump starting cars to no avail only to swap the same battery I was jumping off of and it started fine.

thanks for the information guys.I will look into it I'll get back to a with more information I'm gonna go ahead and try to dig up some of the old pictures, see if I can find the clutch pp combo picture......what do you mean by the throw out bearing seazing...o and I tried starting it when I had the slave cylinder off while in neutral...no go..I was replacing it, thought it wasn't clearing....thanks...feel free to throw things out there as they come to u.

broxma

What is the possibility that you have the clutch disc on backwards and it is making contact with the pressure plate? You said the clutch doesn't fully disengage right? I know for a fact the disc will bolt down backwards, but that many times, if it is in reversed, it will lock down. Put the car in gear, clutch down and turn it over. If the car tries to move on you, you got the disc in backwards, which means as you turn it over, it's trying to spin the transmission in addition to just the motor.

/brox

GSX_TC

Dude just put a new battery or a friends battery in there and see what's up. And if it does the EXACT same thing then it's prob your starter.

Last edited:

14u2nV

That vid doesn't sound like a bad battery or starter to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Are you SURE it's the AWD flywheel and clutch/PP? When I put a FWD/nonturbo tranny on my AWD/turbo flywheel, it did the same thing because it was rubbing against the tranny. I ground a little out of the bellhousing to get it to stop dragging. DO NOT DO THAT!. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Mine was necessity.

Try a new battery, then double check your starter. Then pull the tranny and see if it looks like anything is rubbing against each other.

will do thanks man....the tranny came out of a 90 awd talon...the pp came along with it ( I was going to use it till i had some money for a new setup) the flywheel was the one i used previously with the clutch pp set up that was previously working. I will have the car towed on the 31st... when i get paid. and get back to everyone

I installed a new battery but the same thing was happening...the tranny is def an Awd tranny but the code on it does not showing up on Google but it came out of a 1g talon pretty sure the tranny was a 89 .I will be dropping the tranny as soon as I rent a storage garage to do work...

mistaVR4

Hey man,

Maybe you have already found this but I'd check it out since it may be related to your issue?

trans info

Good luck...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts