The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

urethane motor mounts

chop91vr4

Anyone else installed these? I'm trying to but they are not going in as I would of thought the passenger side one was in when I got this car I installed the front one fighting it but got it when I released the driver side one factory one but could not get it or the urethane back in so loosened the front one so I could fight the rear in but then stilt not close to the driver one lining up. Anyone

belize1334

Holy run-on sentence batman! Are you sure that you're not using a DSM front bracket? 'Cause that'll mess everything up. Which motor mounts are you using? i.e. prothane? torque solution? Are you replacing all 4 or just a subset?

Wookalar

Yeah a period in there would really help.

I installed the rear one first since it is the most difficult to get to and you will need the most flex in order to manipulate the bolt going in.

Then do the front one. Then do the drivers side.

I would remove the passenger side one completely and then do it in the order above. Then reinstall the passenger side since it is easily accessible.

The drivers side, I stuff a rag in between the body and the mount to keep from scratching paint, and then use a pry bar to push and line up the hole in the mount with the hole in the body and then slide the bolt through.

I'm pretty sure they can only go in one way since each are sized accordingly.

Last edited:

chop91vr4

Quoting belize1334:
Holy run-on sentence batman! Are you sure that you're not using a DSM front bracket? 'Cause that'll mess everything up. Which motor mounts are you using? i.e. prothane? torque solution? Are you replacing all 4 or just a subset?

I'm assuming they are for the gvr4 they look just like the factory except the driver doesn't have the bracket that would wrap around to the power steering pump, not sure brand they came with the car when I got it a month or so ago. I am trying to replace all 4, I will try and take free the pass one and try the driver again.

prove_it

FWIW, I did my front and the trans and engine side mount. I left the rear alone for now, but honestly I don't think it will make a big difference. The engine doesn't really move much now anyway.

Wizardawd

Agreed, the front roll stop and the driver's side are the most important ones to do. They move the most when stock, which is why they are usually the only ones torn/bad when you inspect them.

Wiz

chop91vr4

Quoting prove_it:
FWIW, I did my front and the trans and engine side mount. I left the rear alone for now, but honestly I don't think it will make a big difference. The engine doesn't really move much now anyway.

The driver side stock was not in bad shape but the front and rear were, they were completely shot looked like they had been smeared they were so wore out

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts