The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Upper radiator brackets/bushings?

90blacktsi

My radiator brackets are getting pretty beat up . The bushings are all dry rotted and bracket them selves aren't the best . I searched around on numerous sites and did not come up with much other than EV)/2g brackets from places like STM . Has anyone came up with something better then the old beat up ones , or found a place where to purchase some new stock brackets/bushings?

Thanks , Bryan
img.php

prove_it

Have you checked the dealer?

90blacktsi

I did not , I guess i will have to . But normally if a part is dealer available , JNZ , or at least some site that carries OEM parts would have them listed . I cant even find a lead .

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
MB356975. Only one in country at the moment, but not discontinued. Probably $10-12 each though. Maybe find some new bushings to fit? I kept my old ones to try this but never did it yet.

Wizardawd

I haven't tried on the GVR4 bushings yet, but with DSMs, we used Ford Mustang Fox-body sway bar end link bushings. You can get them in Poly in colors even at $10 or so for 4.

Wiz

90blacktsi

^^ Thanks to you both . Yea , the brackets can just be painted , but the bushings are soo ugly . Just looking to clean things up a little. Thanks again

Wizardawd

I'll goto the store tomorrow and grab a set of bushings and see if they fit easily. Then i'll post pics. As for the brackets, i'm sure there is something out there that could be made since they are pretty straight forward in the design. Just a flat piece of aluminum with a couple bolt holes and a large hole for a bushing.

Wiz

Wizardawd

IMG_20130914_182923.jpg
[/url][/img]
IMG_20130914_182928.jpg
[/url][/img]
IMG_20130914_183533.jpg
[/url][/img]

Really need to learn to hold my hand steady when taking pics. But, the bushings are $8.99 plus tax for 4 of them. THey are found under a Fox body (say around a 1990 Mustang GT) for the sway bar link kit. Polyurethane (not in red for this company..poo) and took about 30 seconds each to install. Hog out the old bushing, leaving the metal race. Then, I just tapped the new bushings into place and the radiator definately does not move. I'm gonna get them to fit a little further in, this was just a quick throw together I did at the parts store.

Wiz

toybreaker

iconoclast
Nice work!

Thanks for the post, Wiz!

Street Surgeon

Guys, guys, guys, guys...

Bracket w/bushing is PN: MB356975 (still available, bought a few new ones recently)

Just the bushing is PN: MB356976 (but it may not be available anymore)

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Bushing has a part number on it, but never sold separately.

bobdole

Don't forget the lower radiator bushings. Should be still available at the dealer.

9hjv.jpg

Ralli380Gvr4

Digging this one out the grave.
We are going to be making a small run of these, they replace the tired stamped steel and include a brand new bushing, which is $28 alone to replace from Mitsubishi.

we will also be making white and grey versions out of delrin.

I'm about to make a similar post in the For Sale section.

Here are some pics. PM if interested.

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

Any chance of making a shaved version? The grooves kind of don't make it very attractive. I thought it might have been upside down at first but it appears that it how it is.
How much will they run?

Ralli380Gvr4

KiNgMaRtY - That is something that we could do and was similar to a prototype we did. I will keep you updated, most likely we could keep the same pricing $125 plus shipping & PP.

i make teflon for replace that rubber...

Digging this one out the grave.
We are going to be making a small run of these, they replace the tired stamped steel and include a brand new bushing, which is $28 alone to replace from Mitsubishi.

we will also be making white and grey versions out of delrin.

I'm about to make a similar post in the For Sale section.

Here are some pics. PM if interested.

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg
Is is possible that a set is still available?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts