The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

UPDATED: FS: 1991 Belize Green Vr4 2.4L #1392 Bellevue, WA -- $4500 SOLD!

teamhightower

****I have replaced the battery that was bad with a brand new one and I reset the ECU (the battery had glitched the ECU) and the car is now running again.****

For sale is my 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 (#1392/2000). These cars came to the U.S. in limited production in 1991 (2000) and 1992 (1000) and where the turbo sedans that proceeded the Mitsubishi Evo’s. The VR-4 was the top of the line Galant and has a 2.0L turbo charged engine, AWD and all-wheel steering. The interior was leather and it includes options such as speed-sensitive wipers.

#1392 is a two owner car that started life in California. I’ve owned it since 2007. It has 193K miles, with the rebuild at 161K miles. This is a really fun car in very good condition. I had PINA Motorsports build me a 2.4L 4G64/4G63 hybrid motor for it as I really enjoy the torque these motors provide. Bottom end was built to handle over 400hp, but I’ve only built it up to 250ish. I never replaced the stock turbo and plumbing, but the car dyno’ed at 203 wheel hp limited by the injector cycle. Best part is you have full boost very early (2200rpm) and that makes it very quick. The car came stock with big brakes and I’ve added a full Whiteline suspension in it. The interior is stock leather and is in reasonably good condition. Small wear spot on the drivers bolster and some of the stitching on the rear seats has popped. Should you want to upgrade the front seats to Evo seats, I have the custom made rails I’ll throw in. One trim piece along the driver’s seatbelt track is broken, but I have a complete, color correct manual seatbelt replacement set that comes with the car. Stereo deck and speakers have been upgraded as well.

The bad:
• Wear spot on the driver’s seat and popped stitches on rear seat.
• Broken interior trim piece along driver’s seatbelt track (have manual seatbelt replacement set).
• My son clipped a curb parking the car and knocked off the passenger side rear dogleg trim and scratched down the sideskirt. I have the trim and I believe with a little work it could be put back into reasonable shape.

The good:
• Replaced the bad battery with a brand new one.
• 2.4L motor has gobs of torque.
• Body is in great shape with only minor scuffs and dings.
• Good rubber (205/60/15 Goodyears two years old)
• Custom Evo seat brackets included.
• Color correct manual seatbelt replacement set included to replace the auto-magical stock belts.

Price is $4500 FIRM. No trades please.

I have too many other projects going on and this car isn’t getting the attention it deserves. I haven’t put the car up on Craigslist yet as I’m hoping a club member will scoop this up and enjoy it.

2007 Rebuild:

Bottom End
4G64 2.4L Stage I block
8.5:1 Ross pistons
Eagle Forged H Beam rods
Factory 100mm crankshaft
ACL main and rod bearings
ARP main studs
Main caps girdle plate
front case with new oil pump and balance shaft removal kit
poly motor mount

Top End
Stage I Street 4G63 twin-cam Head
Mild porting of intake and exhaust passages
3 angle valve job
ForcedPerfomance FPCam1 Camshafts (264/264)
ARP head studs
2.4L metal head gasket

Engine Management
DSMLink Engine Management
PLX DM100 OLED Display centered in dash cluster
PLX Wideband AFR Module
PLX Vac Boost Module
PLX Oil and Fuel Pressure Module

Fuel Delivery
Stock turbo, IC and fuel injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump

Exhaust
Custom 2.5" steel exhaust with hi-flo cat and twin tip muffler

Transmission
Tranny rebuild, replaced all wearing parts
ACT2100 clutch

Suspension
KYB AGX Adjustable Struts
Whiteline urethane bushing set
Whiteline lowering springs
Whiteline front and rear swaybars with endlinks
Whiteline front strut brace

Body
Basic bodywork to remove door dings
Full spray in original Belize Green

**I have more photos upon request, and I can take any specific photos you may need as the car is in the driveway**

Email is the fastest way to reach me:
[email protected]

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Is this price for the car running and driving will or the price for it not drivable?

coyotes

Damn, why couldn't this have been up for sale when I bought mine in December. I live in Renton.

Good luck with sale!

citymunky

Quote:
If I jump it, it runs. But when I shut it down there is zero charge in the battery.

Your battery is dead as knob, and will not hold a charge. When you jump it, your Galant is getting the amperage it need to spin the starter from the car's battery that the jumper cables are connected to, thus starting the Galant. The reason why it stays running after it was jumped is because the alternator is good.

Go find a used battery off craiglist for like $20 to $30 get the car running.

teamhightower

I thought the battery might be the case, I have been very busy (hence the lack of response on here) so I haven't checked the battery yet. Pending that the battery is the culprit, the price will be raised for the car running. Again, fastest way to reach me is via email.

teamhightower

Thanks to Randy for flying out from St. Lou, Mo to pickup the car. Should be a fun drive home. 1392 is off on a new adventure...

Wolfpuss

Thanks Greg! It was nice meeting you. My trip home was very interesting. Anyway, I plan on enjoying 1392 for a long time..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts