The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Update on #86 The Boomerang

ktmrider

Many of you know I bought #86 back last month in so-so running condition.

Buyer had a run of bad luck right after purchase starting with the alternator. As he was 200mi away and I traveled 40 outta 52 weeks in 2009 there was no way to assist him other than email.

Found and repaired the problems ( mainly intake air leaks on the JDM 2g intake pipe where the recirc tube connects ) she was back up and running happily. Did have to replace the alternator again ( loose 12v connector ) and swap the FP Race EM ( warped flange, put 2g model on ) otherwise she is purring along nicely.

My brother is currently using her to commute as his other car was about to die. He does need AWD in the winter but I am now thinking a 1g AWD DSM will fill the bill just as well. With that in mind I think I will start the search for one and even consider a swap if the right deal, and person LOL, comes up. BTW I removed the MBC so she's running on stock boost, hopefully my hard-on-cars sibling doesn't continue in his old ways.

Just some random blabberings, hope everyone out there is doing well! Peace.

rgeier11

Sounds good, and I've heard nothing but bad stuff about those FP manifolds over time.

Ralli380Gvr4

Right on Mike! Glad she's back in proper running shape. I'll be in town form the 24th through June 2nd. We will have to hang out.

ktmrider

^^ Thx Ethan! Definitely drop me a yell when in town, been too long since the last F2F.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts