The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Update on 1280/2000

strokin4dr

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
Nice progress! Its looking really good.

Quoting 4Grim:
Amazing progress man!

Thanks guys! Slowly but surely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

strokin4dr

Some of the progress pics that happened along the way.

New shifter cables:

Custom shifter bushings for the 3KGT shifter setup:

One of these liked to rattle a bit at idle. Swapped them out for a new set before painting the bay:

Exhaust wrap and turbo diaper in place:

Wrinkle finish for the compressor housing:

Wastegate in place and dump tube wrapped:

Wrapped the downpipe while I was at at:

Rebuilt throttlebody with some custom touches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif:

Thanks to by buddy Jimmy for the machine work on the shifter bushings and for removing the FIAV junk on the throttlebody!

Nebraska

Great thread. Ended up going to page 1 and reading it all.

G

Staff member
I recently replaced my hood hinges as well. I figured out a way to fix them though after I had them uninstalled. Just install a 5/8" c clip in the joint and it takes up the slack. spray a little oil or grease and they are as good as new.
0_11.jpg

0_9.jpg

0_12.jpg

strokin4dr

Good to know, G. I'll keep that in mind if I ever have issues in the future.

strokin4dr

Well, the car has been up and running for almost 3 months now. New setup runs great and has an entirely different feel than the 2.0/hta68 combo did.
I'm still in the process of finishing up things, but have taken some time to enjoy the car a big and give it a low boost, baseline tune so far. At around 19 psi on 93 oct, it pulls as hard as the hta68 maxed out on 32 psi. It's nice and safe the way it is now but I'm itching to dump some of my old friend E85 in and see what a 35R in a bolt-on FP housing can really do.

Here are a few pictures of how it sits currently. Still some oragizational stuff to do, but all in all I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out so far.

strokin4dr

Well, her buddy is looking rough in that pic!

That was a "before" pic of the door and window trim refreshing project. KoR32t4g took the lead on this one and did most of the masking and prep work. It wasn't a quick process, but nothing worthwhile is! The end results were a night and day difference. This little touch should have been done a long time ago!

Masking overkill, check!

After removing tape

Still working

New stickers to rep the .org

I'll get some better pics once I get it cleaned up.

We hope to be up to visit sometime soon!

KoR32t4g

Night and day difference. I can't wait for you guys to come up and you better bring the car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Decided to finally make a "Showcase" page after only 12 years on the board. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Link: 1280/2000

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Saw it. Nice car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts