The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Upcoming server move

Ludachris

Administrator
Just a heads up - we'll be working on moving the forum to a different server in the coming weeks. And expect a forum software transition not too long after that. The goal will be to make things a bit easier to use on mobile devices, while adding in some "modern amenities". I'll do my best to keep the disruptions to a minimum. Apologies in advance for any downtime or inconveniences.

For those who are saying to themselves "WTF - who's this guy?!?!?" I'm taking the baton from Ryan here on GVR4.org. He's done a great job at keeping this forum going for many years, but he hasn't had the time he once did to manage things around here and keep things updated. I promised him do my best to do right by this community, put in some work, and keep it going for as long as possible. Some of you may know me from click If you want to PM me with your thoughts, requests, things you love about this site (or don't love), feel free to do so. I'll have more info in the coming weeks.

JNR

It won't be that VerticalScope will it? Hope not.

Makes sense to upgrade, just it's nice to come to here and see it the same way it's been. Besides, not like there is much traffic (activity) here like the olden dayz.

But, gotta do what you gotta do.

Welcome.

lowcashleblanc

Welcome, Excited for some updates. If you’re responsible for DSMtuners, I’m sure this place is in great hands.

Things that I’d like to see improved.

Picture sharing: Posting pictures is a bit of a pain, an easier method would be cool.

Bad guy section: I’m not sure if this next bit is a issue for anyone else but the bad guys section doesn’t work for me. I can click and go into the section but no threads will load other that the pinned thread. On the forum home page I can get into the most recent thread.

Search function: This one may be on me for not knowing how to properly use the search function on here. When I try searching for anything, specifically searching thread titles. I get buried in duplicate thread titles for each individual response in that thread. When looking for info on here it takes me an exorbitant amount of time scrolling past all the duplicates looking for (insert topic here). It tends to bury threads with few responses verses the Ouse with hundreds.

Ludachris

Administrator
VerticalScope is a huge network that bought up many of the automotive forums out there (another network called Internet Brands bought up the rest). VS uses the same software that we'll be using here but it won't look the same, as they created a very distinct, and in my opinion, not very user-friendly template for their forums. Most of the forums those networks bought up have been run into the ground, mostly on autopilot. I don't intend to do that here. You can see how much work I've put into DSMtuners over the past two decades.

Some things will look different by default, since the software will be different. I'll work on trying to keep the color scheme and some of the elements similar in an effort to retain some of the spirit of this site. An upgrade is necessary for several reasons - security, stability, bug fixes, the ability to add new features, and the ability for Google to find more threads when people search for VR-4 related content. Hopefully it will draw in more activity too, as the newer users aren't too familiar with how to use older forum architecture (seems strange to some of us, but that's the reality).

Ludachris

Administrator
lowcashleblanc, all three of those pieces should be improved after the software migration.

yubh8tn

You made the DSMTuners site? If so, that's very exciting. It's probably the most user-friendly forum I've ever used

Hopefully the migration doesn't mess up any of the old posts as I've seen on a few different forums when they've updated, but, based on DSMTuners, i'm not too worried lol

Ludachris

Administrator
Well I appreciate the kind words, thanks for that. I imagine not everyone shares that positive view, as you can't always make everyone happy. If anyone has any reservations about it, I welcome a PM with feedback/constructive criticism.

while this doesnt pertain to the merger, as a newcomer I think it would be really nice to have some of the old information compiled together, dead links removed, and information placed in maybe a cleaner section. just my 1 cent.

gvr4ever

Looking forward to the upgrade. I hope the new security stops spam accounts. I hope all the content merges over and the feel can be preserved as much as possible. I dropped my Facebook account many moons ago, so this is my only source.

Ludachris

Administrator
Quoting Brigandine:
while this doesnt pertain to the merger, as a newcomer I think it would be really nice to have some of the old information compiled together, dead links removed, and information placed in maybe a cleaner section. just my 1 cent.

That's definitely on my To-Do list. I agree.

misterfixit

Gents. Bringing to your attention. the www.galantvr4.org splash page links are circular.. they don't default to the board. They just go round and round and round.. It needs fixing.

Cheers!

Rich

Ludachris

Administrator
Gents. Bringing to your attention. the www.galantvr4.org splash page links are circular.. they don't default to the board. They just go round and round and round.. It needs fixing.

Cheers!

Rich
Which links? There isn't a splash page anymore with a big image like there used to be. Can you take a screenshot and post it here to show me what you're referring to?

misterfixit

HI. This is what I see:
1640030968654.png
The image changes and changes and it won't link through, or off the bottom link either.

Cheers!

Richard

Ludachris

Administrator
HI. This is what I see:
View attachment 223
The image changes and changes and it won't link through, or off the bottom link either.

Cheers!

Richard
I'm wondering if maybe you have that page cached... try opening it in an Incognito (or "private") browser window and let me know if you see the same thing.

misterfixit

Its a new build machine. so no cache.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts