The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Unknown # ---Daily

Bought this car running driving from a friend.. I knew it needed some TLC but i wanted to save it and payed out the ass for it.

Oil cooler seal let loose 1/2 mile from po house and dumped all the oil.. and a coolant line blew off because po decided zip ties were a great idea for coolant lines.....
Then after I fixed the problems found out block had low compression.. 112/110/90/89 so pretty positive it wasn't a head gasket (but entire cooling system was a milkshake). Most likely rings or a valve issue. also along with an MLS head gasket being used and i'm sure the block was not machined at all.

Pulled the motor that was in it... And took a stock motor I had just freshened up I was going to run in my auto galant 446/1000. Has an hx35 set up. So just going to build my 2.4l block for that.
BUT in the meantime i dropped the stock rebuilt motor I had in and am currently DD the car.

During the swap the car received a new OE clutch ( only thing new I could find same day) Was on a huge time crunch to finish the car.. and it has lifetime warranty.
Since the radiator it has was gunked up with milkshake (oil/coolant) I through in my brand new Afco/Spal set up from #446
I fixed all of the stupid stuff that needed to be addressed while i could.

Was a little nervous on the drive home.. Swapped motors at a friends since the car was 30 miles away.

Today I got rid of all the electrical hack jobs the car had. ( I do remote starts/Car audio for a living)
PO thought it was acceptable to twist wires together and tape them SMH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Got rid of every but connector that was on the car properly soldered/heat shrink/taped the connections..
Gauges where powered by wrapping bare wire around fuses under the dash.. so with a relay i tapped into the 4 gauge running to the battery mounted in the trunk.
Fuel pump relax was about ready to short out any day with the connections not being covered..
Not a proper ground on the entire car IMO
So today I spent the entire day wiring on my day off lol. Still needs 5 new speakers (all blown) And id like to get a sealed cell battery for the trunk and make a proper battery tie down.

Still need to finish converting the car to SD
It really could use new cold side IC piping and a new bov since the one on it leaks like crazy
I need to get some bigger injectors for it or port the Big 16g on it (boost creeps) most likely will buy high z 1000cc injectors for it and port the hotside.
Could use a new exhaust ( no leaks but complete hack job) and a muffler its to loud for a daily. (straight piped atm)
And im debating on stealing the kyb agx strutts/shocks off #446 since the ones on this are blown.. Was planning on BC coil overs on the white one anyway.

So in all I saved a galant and its in good hands now.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But not sure how my wallet feels about it.

89Patches

Wouldn't you have noticed the hackery when you looked at the car? Who honestly buys one of these things not expecting to drop a new motor in and de-hack some sh*t, Lol.

I knew that some stuff was hacked. And i enjoy fixing them so I wasn't to concerned I just had hoped not putting a motor in the car...
I told my self Id never buy a running 4g63 car again because every time = new motor because the car doesn't even make it home.

KiNgMaRtY

Nice job on giving it all the TLC! That is what sucks about used cars, you never know what type of crap jobs were done to them in the past.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts