The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Umm, 4x4 Jeep Recovery with my galant vr4 (video)

turbophein

so my buddy called me up, his jeep stalled out at the power lines, i guess his ecu fried and started smoking. well my jeep is not ready right now, i need a stupid distributor. anyways, i said joking i'll rip you out in the galant. well sure enough i went into the power lines and proceeded to pull his big ass jeep all the way home.

I started to hit boost in second gear lol, and my buddy panicked and started to hit the brakes, it was to fast for him and the jeep.

i have plenty of recovery's in my jeep, but this was a first for me. we like to put upside down jeep stickers on our jeeps for every recovery we have. now the galant needs one, lol maybe i can get some small honda stickers for the ricers i kill, hmmmm!!!

link

leave some comments!

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
That's f'ing classic!

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

cspetros

This is just awesome. It would be interesting to see a VR4 recovering a Hummer. "That's right, Mr. Pompous Hummer owner! We just pulled you out of a ditch! Fo' sho. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif"

464/2K

nice, but VR-4= no dsm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

steve

tru

turbophein

Quoting 464/2K:

i know this, i just put it there as a Tag, to get more views

Haha thats awesome! Somewhere theres a picture floating of my old dsm holding up a blown down fence while we recemented the poles, The dsm/GVR-4 workhorse.

Ralli380Gvr4

awesome.

skivittlerjimb

I pulled out at least two cars off of snow banks on the lake ice course this winter. I think one was an old Jeep Cherokee and the other was a '95 Impreza. Didn't get video. I also got pulled off the snow banks twice, too.

Rear tow hooks our our cars are pretty beefy. They've got to weigh close to 10 lbs. each.

-Jim B.
280/1000

+1 on pulling people out of snowbanks, and 2wd trucks up 50 degree hills covered in sheer ice.

When they do run, they are pretty incredible!

s_firestone

I pulled out a Ford F350 LWB stuck in mud, turned sideways from around a tree using steel cable (run around the tree) from pavement with the VR-4. Took three times to accomplish it, the cable kept snapping. Bent the tongs on the front but pulled it out.

There's very little this car won't do...

turbophein

this is so funny because i had to pull him out again yesterday, he was even deeper in this time, and again his ecu fried. we think its his battery or a connection somewhere grounding out.

i actually got a full video this time, its 5 min long LoL i'll post it soon...

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting 464/2K:

+1

putting DSM in the title for more views is gay, but so is using words such as "homies"

turbophein

your gay for even replying to that, i have over 140,000 youtube views combined, i could care less what you think!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts