The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Type of Engine

Hi! Newbie here. I'm wondering what type of engine do I really have. I swapped a 4g63 DOHC engine...a 7 bolter. They're saying that this is an RVR engine. I know indeed that this is a 7 bolter. Problem is I don't know what this engine equates to there in the US? I have relatives there that can ship or carry parts I need over that's why I need to know what brands/names/terms to look for. Thanks!

fuel

7 bolt could be a 2G DSM, Lancer Evo1-3 or RVR Super/Hyper sports gear. Things to check would be what inlet/exhaust manifold combo it has, what CAS it has, what injectors it has and what turbo it has.

Thanks for the reply. I was informed this came from a JDM RVR wagon type non turbo. I'm wondering though if the RVR came out there in the US.

fuel

RVR is the Japanese domestic version of the Eagle Summit/Mitsubishi Expo LRV wagon. In Japan they come with anything from a 1.8L SOHC 4G93 through to a 2.0 diesel turbo engine, including the 4G63 DOHC in N/A or turbo guise.

raptorWagon

Quoting fuel:
7 bolt could be a 2G DSM, Lancer Evo1-3 or RVR Super/Hyper sports gear. Things to check would be what inlet/exhaust manifold combo it has, what CAS it has, what injectors it has and what turbo it has.

Or a '92.5-94 1st gen DSM (Eclipse/Talon/Laser) as when the 7 bolt replaced the 6 bolt motors.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned