The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

turn signal modding question

ok, I searched, and couldn't really find anything on USDM stuff, everything was JDM this, JDM that, and I don't have JDM (that i'm aware of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif ), but anyway! I have one bulb in each of my corner lights up front, but it looks like theres another hole that you can put a bulb in at the back of each of them (right at the amber strip). What would the best way to wire another blinker up front into those holes be? (so I have the bumper light AND the corner light flashing, either in unison or alternating, whichever would be easier), and does anyone know the possibility of turning the side markers on the rear bumper into secondary turn signals as well?

thanks,
Mike

MMCVR4

I thought about doing this mod to my JDM 2 bulb corners as well. Remove the "no wire" sockets. Since you don't have them there, replace them with similar sockets and pigtails that are on the clear section. I can't remember if they are a direct fit. If not, you may have to mod the tabs to make them fit properly. Then tap the wires to the bumper lights. They should flash simultaneously. If you want them to flash alternately, you will probably have to add some type of relay. This was standard on the early 90's Hondas.

Same thing goes for the rear bumper lights, using the rear blinkers for power.

cool, thought so... only question is, with the rears, am i going to have to make new pigtails to give it the dim look while on running lights, and bright while blinker is flashing?

ozyvr4

I don't know if yours is different but mine had the indicator & park wires in the harness next to the headlight.

curtis

I built some custom brackets and had extra lights in my blinker lights and since I didn't have a blinker anymore I simply drilled a hole and installed and extra bulb assembly in the corner lights. I think it was a rubber based unit from a toyota. It had 4 little tabs that was meant to push in and turn and lock but I just used a step drill bit and drilled to size and they went right in. To wire up I just used the factory wires and made them longer. Same could be done using a relay and as many as you wanted to do.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts