The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TURBOSMART Kompact Plumb Back Blow Off Valve

tektic

I'm liking the Look of this Blow off valve.
Product_komp_pb_nissan1.jpg

I have heard good things about turbosmart waste gates. Does anyone here have first hand expedience with one of these bovs?

Also can anyone confirm that a Nissan flange is indeed the same as a Mitsubishi flange?

Should I just get a used stocker for $20? Does it really make a difference?

Last edited:

BENE38A

yea we pulled one from a mates an r32 gts-t and it had the mitsubishi logo on it.

tektic

Thanks guys. So this is the Turbosmart part number: TS-0203-1226.
This is an Australian company, what do you think of them? if you have any experience.

BENE38A

yea i havent heard bad things google it, they have good products, had a wastegate on my evo 1 and it was great never had a problem unlike these chinese knock offs that dont even seal

strokin4dr

Stock bov with the "dodge garage mod" will hold all the boost you need it to.

MX4

I've used various turbosmart products over the years and they are good. Just beware there are the chinese copies of turbosmart out in the market.

BENE38A

yea, off topic but have you seen the tial mv wastegate fakes, the castings look like crap but they look almost exact

tektic

I was looking at pictures of a used tial wg and couldn't tell. Just pictures though.

The post I saw on evoM and on a subaru page had all good things to say.
I have to do some measuring, but if it fits where I need it to go I'll be buying ordering one tomorrow.

Measurements
BOV-Kompact-Plumb-Back-Skyline1.jpg

prove_it

Quoting strokin4dr:
Stock bov with the "dodge garage mod" will hold all the boost you need it to.

This. There was once a test done that compared the stock BOV from a 1g, a 2g and Evo agaisnt 10 selected aftermarket valves. The 1g valve had the best opening response rate and compared well in flow rate. Also the valve didn't spike open and close rapidly like some aftermarkets did. The verdict in the test was that a modded 1g valve will outperform a 200 dollar valve.

I'm using the dodge mod with ecmlink to control it so it functions like stock at 14psi and less, then gets boost applied to the backside to hold it closed. It's held 28psi before. Also how many stock BOVs fail? And even better, it's not a loud whistling annoying sound!

That is if you really care about function over form.

/rant. Carry on people.

EHmotorsports

I would be using a stock one if I didn't already have my Greddy unit on the shelf. I bought it when I was 17 and then sold off the car I was going to use it on:)

prove_it

What ever you say, ricer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EHmotorsports

hahaha well I was pretty into the racing scene back when Fast and Furious 1 came out;) I am sure in the Portland Area we were the ones that caused the Heavy fines and laws to pass;) so your comment isnt to far off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bobdole

I have a couple of these in stock. I will check to see if they fit.

bobdole

I didn't bolt it down, but everything lines up. I have them. I can do $158.00 shipped.

prove_it

Shameless thread jacking salesman... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bobdole

Hahaha. Sorry to jack the thread. I did take my car apart to test fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4thStroke

EHmotorsports, did you ever make it out to lower river road before they started cracking down?

Turbosmart generally has a solid product from what I've gathered. If you buy a Tial, you will never have to mess with it other than changing the spring from what it came with if it doesn't work right out of the box. You won't ever have to worry about it leaking or have to second guess it. There is a reason so many heavy hitters use this valve.

For heavens sake, stay away from Go Fast Bits (or GFB, as some call it).

But... like mentioned before, the unmodded stock unit works very well for lowish boost pressures (lowish is relative). I didn't want my engine bay to look [as] hacked up, so I refrained from crushing my stock BOV.

Last edited:

tektic

I purchased a stock bov from a member here. I will mod it when I get it. I'm going to run 18 - 20 max psi so I guess ill be fine. I will spend the money elsewhere I guess.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned