The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbos and compression

James

B18c it is. I can't wait to get this thing tuned. I know he has to have a ton of power waiting to be opened up considering all of the air mods done with little to no fuel mods and tuning.

I've heard it called triY and 4-2-1, but 4-2-1 is what's most known aroun here.

TomN

He needs to get hondata and a vtec controller as well as making sure he has the proper fuel supply.
A CRX with a B18c with high compression, proper exhaust, intake, cams, tuning and some nitrous will be a pretty fast car.
Any idea the actual compression. I`m guessing 12.5:1

4thStroke

I don't mean to sound like a dick when I'm blunt and put things out there, but you are trying to convince people who have done builds on several platforms that you can successfully keep this Honda on the road as a daily driver with a $2000 budget. Two things I have learned over the years.

1. Any sort of build will take more time than anticipated, even if you think you have all the parts scattered across the shop floor.
2. Any sort of build will cost more than you anticipated, even if you think you have accounted for all the parts you think you need.

James

I'm not a complete dumbass I've been working on the Dsm platform for almost 10 years now, though I dont claim to know everything... Or much of anything compaired to some. I know how builds work, and I know that $2000 is a fair budget for a reliable turbo build. If you're telling me his build (assuming lower compression) is irreliable than I'd like to know why. He has a freshly rebuilt motor and trans with a strong clutch, he's using reliable parts and only attempting low boost applications. What's irreliable about that? If I can search and search to find a decent running turbo Dsm for $2000 why can't he but a turbo kit for $2000? It's a 14b turbo, man, not a fp green or something.

Fact- I did a DOHC swap and put a turbo on my NA 2g spyder for less than $2000, I did the project at 133k miles, I sold it with 18xK miles. AFAIK the car is still being driven.

Either way the subject has changed, as we now know the compression is to high for boosted application.

James

I know it's not a word, but it should be. See: irresponsible

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts