The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo timer harness help.

Diego

Hey I have an apexi TT penstyle and I bought a harness for it so it could be plug n play.... my problem is.

Under the dash which harness is for the key tumbler? As that is where it hooks. Any help appreciated.

TylerAdamson

The harness you're wanting is tucked way up there. It's covered in foam and if I remember correctly its blue in color.

Find the wires running down the column. I believe that the connector is blue also. I seem to remember that its above the column on the right side like a foot from the firewall.

Diego

With a little searching, I found the blue harness..... its a PIA to get to, but with dropping the plastic on the steering coloum and finding a little kid with small hands (no really I used a flathead screwdriver to pop the tabs).... thanks for your help.

Now I'm going to turn this into a Random Help Diego Decide.... topical thread.

I have a good sized problem, Power steering leak....

I love my 4ws and my powersteering in the cut throats of being ripped out if I don't feel up to footing the repair bill, I need a show of hands on who's done this... I know many have... and of those that have what was the real benifactor?
Time invovled, where did you find block off fittings?
Can I just delete the front steering or does the whole thing need to come out?
Skill difficulty?

Just your basic Pro/Cons.

Thanks guys, best help out there.

Diego

SouthCaliVR4

this would be a difference between doing it right & making it work. when I pull mine off the road next month & do the whole resto, part of it will be removing the rear steering, Personally I don't care for it. My plan is to remove the rear arms & weld up the passive toe, remove all lines, change the front rack to a tel unit & swap the reservoir for a tel unit as well.

You could just remove the rear rack leave the passive toe in play & use a couple brass fittings to block the rear lines, avail most auto parts stores & hardware stores. It would work & will make the car pretty much fact two wheel steer but will be a compromise, if your rack is OE it is likely worn & you would benefit from changing it out anyway. the passive rear toe in my opinion makes the car feel disconnected & makes the rear alignment "Fuzzy".

Either way works. route A is definitely better in my mind than route B but then again I tend to be kinda anal about how I do things on a car I drive as hard as this one & any compromises will be just that to me a compromise & not something I want in a car I'm pushing to the edge.

That said you'll get no grief from me either way you choose to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had a buddy wreck his vr4 due to the, AS HE CLAIMS, 4WS. I'm not so sure about this, because he kinda sucks at driving. But HE SAYS it was raining buckets and he felt the rear twitch and he ended up spinning the ride and touching all four corners to a retaining wall. His story, not mine. Take it for what its worth. (Probably nothing.)

I removed mine because I got fed up with it. I snapped an axle at the diff, drove the car 2WD (with a FWD DSM turbo transmission) for a couple of years, found the right parts and pieces to go AWD again, and the the 4WS started leaking. So I yanked it all and threw in a 4-bolt with complete subframe from a talon. It launches much harder now. And snow driving is more fun because it will actually walk out on command. I still haven't plugged or looped the 4WS lines (why, I don't know), so I'm running sans power steering, but I think it was totally worth it. I even bought another complete 4-bolt set up in case (doubtful, but still) I break this one. I am 100% for removing the weak, non-LSD, 3-bolt 4WS crap that these cars came with.

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
change the front rack to a tel unit

I've been told, by a reputable source, that the GVR4 racks have a tighter ratio than the TEL racks. Can anyone confirm this?

P.S., the source was Jack's Transmissions.

Diego

I will be moving to Greeley in the few coming weeks ( month and a half ) maybe I can use your assitance and Garage, as I will most likely have to go into an apartment for a while til I find a good house....

I'm no skilled mechanic but I sure can learn quick to do anything, most all on my car was done by me ie; ( new motor, trans, proformance)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned