The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

turbo oil feed plug

marvinmadman

What's the options for plugging the oil port in the head when sourcing oil from the OFH? I am looking at maybe doing something simple like a bolt from Home Depot or something if I can't find a factory plug at the pullapart yard. Also what cars would have them? NT eclipse? Hyundais? Or if I have to order one, which site is best?

jepherz

Staff member
Yes, order a factory block off bolt, from a NT eclipse along with a new crush washer.

JackstandTSi

Quoting marvinmadman:
What's the options for plugging the oil port in the head when sourcing oil from the OFH? I am looking at maybe doing something simple like a bolt from Home Depot or something if I can't find a factory plug at the pullapart yard. Also what cars would have them? NT eclipse? Hyundais? Or if I have to order one, which site is best?

click

I think the bolt is a m10 1.25 bolt but unsure of length if you dont want to wait for shipping.

marvinmadman

Yeah I found the size and pitch but can't find the length. Thanks for the site.

Boostin_AWD

I personally just used a bolt from the hardware store. About 10-15mm long should do.

jnava

Staff member
Thanks guys. I'll need to eventually source a plug.

marvinmadman

Just found 2 at the junkyard. 1 from a turbo 2G and 1 from a 90 SOHC Galant. Both are identical and fit perfect. Hope this helps somebody else.

James

Do you need them both? I know someone who needs one

Boostin_AWD

All turbo 2g's will have them because the turbo feeds from the ofh. They are also in all non turbo 1g's with a 4g63. I found a '94 galant that had a 2.4l dohc and looked to have a 2g head?? That had the plug as well.

G

Staff member
Quoting marvinmadman:
Just found 2 at the junkyard. 1 from a turbo 2G and 1 from a 90 SOHC Galant. Both are identical and fit perfect. Hope this helps somebody else.

I wonder what the mitsu part number is for this.

strokin4dr

md137353

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned