The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

turbo advice

from what ive found most people go the evo 3 16g with what ive done so far(larger fmic evo 3 injectors and 3inch exhaust)but i was looking and found a evo 5 turbo for cheap and just wanted to know if it would fit with out major hassels.apart from a custom manifold?eny thing regardles of turbos will be of help!its my dd

H05TYL

A custom manifold, custom piping, custom oil and water lines plus modifying the exhaust sounds like major Hassles to me...

If you can fabricate the parts yourself it might be worthwhile, but if you've got to pay someone else to do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

i dont think its worth it then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
best stick to looking for a evo 3 16g then i gess or am i missing another good turbo the vr4 can use with out much hassel?thanks alot for saving my time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

H05TYL

no prob.

An evo 1 or 2 16Gturbo is very nearly as good as an evo 3 one.

You can also get a bearing and seal kit for ~$220 nz and fit it yourself with basic hand tools, so a smoking turbo can be rebuilt pretty cheaply too - provided there is no damage to the wheels.

Olson

in evo 1 - 2 he means small 16g and big 16g :p

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned