The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tuning help!

NicholasCesca

My car is still running like total dog poo.

I have taken some logs with the TMO logger and they aren't good because the car spits and sputters a lot. TUNING LOGS

The car sometimes will be good in first and second, but then shakes like crazy and falls on its face. I'm assuming a tuning issue and or fuel, but I'm no expert especially when it comes to tuning.
If someone could just tell me whats wrong here and what the heck I'm looking at, I would appreciate it so much!

What I have done already; (some have no relevance to tuning)
Battery
Spark plugs (NGK BPR6ES)
Spark plug wires (NGK)
Coil
Fuel line between main and pump (in tank)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

JspecVR4

what do you use to open those .tlg files? I tried searching online for software to open the file but couldn't find anything. I also tried searching for the TMO Logger software downloads and can't find anything

NicholasCesca

what do you use to open those .tlg files? I tried searching online for software to open the file but couldn't find anything. I also tried searching for the TMO Logger software downloads and can't find anything
Hey! TMO data logger, uhhh let me see if I can find a file. I had it on a usb from a LONG time ago.

NicholasCesca

is the car stock other than what you've got listed?
Its got more than that. One sec, I'll post a list.
Motor
6 bolt
No balance shafts
2G Pistons bored .020 over stock/1G Rods (rebuilt)
3rd generation lifters
ARP headstuds
90 DSM external oil cooler with Earls interconnects
Stock intake manifold
2G MAF Sensor w/K&N Filter
RC550 injectors
Battery relocated trunk
Window-Welded solid motor mounts
190 lph Walbro fuel pump
Stock valve cover painted with epoxy primer and a gloss black polyurethane top coat with polished raised letters

Turbo and Induction
Small 16G
Dejon MAF to turbo pipe
Stock BOV
Homebrew ball/spring boost controller, made with ceramic ball
EVO8 FMIC
Custom polished aluminum IC piping from turbo to throttle body
Reinforced silicone IC piping interconnects, T bolt clamps
Silicone vacuum hoses

Electronics
Manually editted EEPROM (Optimized for RC550's, injector deadtime, 2G maf, stutterbox, no lift to shift, clutch cut at 6000 rpm, octane reset, air mass fuelcut removed, redline moved to 8000, increased MAF logging range, removal of airflow per rev code)
Custom homebrew datalogger circuit
SAFC blue screen

Exhaust
2G Exhaust manifold
2.5 inch Bushur Racing stainless downpipe
2.5 inch Magnaflow high flow cat
2.5 inch stainless mandrel bent catback from www.cmperformance.com (place appears to no longer be around)

Gearbox/Drivetrain
Stock rebuilt trans and transfer case
ACT 2600 clutch w/street disc
Steel-braded clutch line
1G OEM short shifter with 1G leather boot
Shifter mechanism bolted directly to the floor
2G shift knob
Ball bearing shifter cable bushings
4 Bolt Rear with LSD
Siliconed rear axle carrier bearing

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes
Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushings (all around)
Boostx's rear subframe bushings
Strut tower bar
Suspension Techniques front lower sway bar
Suspension Techniques rear sway bar
EVO springs/struts/shocks
5 Lug Hub Swap
AWS delete
DSM steering rack
DSM power steering reservoir
Plymouth Laser Waffle Wheels (refinished) for the summertime
1G DSM swirlies (rims only)
Functional ABS

red96eclipse

That car had ground issue out front also. I remember him telling me about un plugging something at times car would run better and reset itself. I chatted with him for awhile the previous owner.

NicholasCesca

That car had ground issue out front also. I remember him telling me about un plugging something at times car would run better and reset itself. I chatted with him for awhile the previous owner.
Do you recall at all what the issue was exactly? What did he have to unplug?

red96eclipse

Not if the top of my head. But i remember the grounds out front for battery relocation wasn’t the greatest setup on it. He had tons of software to go with it. If you had hard drive usb stick with you. He showed me it all. He used to rebuild Ecu’s back in the day for people.

red96eclipse

Not if the top of my head. But i remember the grounds out front for battery relocation wasn’t the greatest setup on it. He had tons of software to go with it. If you had hard drive usb stick with you. He showed me it all. He used to rebuild Ecu’s back in the day for people.
If I do remember I’ll let you know for sure. I know the car has been sitting for long time

NicholasCesca

I'll take a look into this too. he was mentioning something to me about this.

Could it be something to do with your 550cc injector 190lph pump? Definitely sounds like a tuning issue. Was the car running fine before and all of a sudden start driving bad?
Man I hope you get that figured out.

red96eclipse

Might want to post something over on Dsm tuners.
I tried to down load tmo logger stuff but can’t get it to work. Got find my old laptop that had the software on it for that stuff.
Mabe have those injectors flow tested?

gvr4ever

Can't read your logs, but I didn't see a fuel pressure regulator in your list. The factory one can't handle extra fuel. It will run rich in vacuum and might not raise 1:1 till your a few PSI in boost.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts