The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tuning Advice

JackstandTSi

Im putting together my car and I have come to a cross road. I got my tax returns back and now able to afford the final parts to finish my car but its coming down to tuning software im kind of stuck and need a little insight. I have set a budget to what i need to finish the car and now deciding on tuning. I already have a socketed ECU but the DSMlink chip and cable is pushing outside the budget but i know is the best, I will be able to afford it but it digs into my money for other more important bills. I have ran moates ostrich on my last 1g and was pretty good I still even have Jackal on my Computer. Would running a 2g maf with 560cc injectors be worth it or would i also need to purchase a SAFC to tune fuel with or will that combo be good as is. Also what about running a GM MAF with the Gen2 Translator.

presterone

If you still have your jackal key, I would just buy an ostrich, GM map, IAT and get your jackal setup going

tektic

I like my ostrich. I just lightly Modded the stock code to suit my needs. Evo maf. I can convert to sd in the future if needed. Its not as easy as the pre packaged stuff.

I hear jackel has lots of errors in the code.

presterone

I've been running my jackal setup for four years with no faults other than ones I created on my own.

GSTwithPSI

I guess ill be the ECMlink nutswinger here...

I agree that ECMlink may not be the cheapest tuning solution, but you have to really consider what you're paying for. Continuous customer support and product development are pretty much invaluable when it comes to something like tuning software. And, that sh*t ain't free. You won't find the level of customer or consumer support for a 4G platform tuning solution anywhere.

I mentioned consumer support, and what I mean by that is a vast number of individuals willing to help you with your tune. There are tons of capable and willing guys willing to review logs and remote tune your car. It's hard to put a price tag on free help. If you're a super experienced tuner, this doesn't matter as much. However, if you're just starting out amd looking for guidance, ECMlink is the way to go IMO.

prove_it

With Link too, they will help you out even if your experienced and install the chip backwards and not charge much at all even if you did a stupid thing to the chip.

jnava

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

jnava

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts