The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tunersnation issues?

Okayplayer

I ordered a set of 3000gt caliper bracket from him on February 21st and I still haven't received it. I tried emailing him 4 times called bout 5 times. No response, no idea of when I'm gonna get it. I even pm'd him on here. So my question is this, has anyone else had this issue? I don't want to start a bad guy thread, but I don't like being in the dark. So if anyone knows a better way to handle this let me know.

IncorpoRatedX

yeah.... he's taking everyone's money and not delivering parts... he scammed the board out of a decent amount of money for calendars he never delivered.

click

click

IncorpoRatedX

start a paypal claim while you can!

Okayplayer

Well that sucks! I really need those caliper brackets. Has anyone tried making them? Or using the set up from dsmtalk? I would really rather have the bracket instead of the money.

acidrumz

Ordered my set back in dec. I'll be po if yours showed up before mines. Smh.
3 weeks ago gw responded back thru email stating they be shipped. As of now no shipping conf # nor emails replied.

Last edited:

JSchleim18

Quoting Okayplayer:
Well that sucks! I really need those caliper brackets. Has anyone tried making them? Or using the set up from dsmtalk? I would really rather have the bracket instead of the money.

I sent a set of mine to a guy who said he'll make sets. gvr4play is his name. That was in Oct. 2011. He's never gotten back to me and I have texted him where he said, "I am in the middle of a move I'll look for them".

So it looks like he scammed me out of them as well. They're just "L" shaped pieces of steel with some holes in them. Very easy to replicate.

Okayplayer

I know they would not be too bad to make, but the point is that I sent him money for something I could bolt on. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take the project of making new brackets.

JSchleim18

No I understand that and it's a scummy thing he did. I wasn't aiming that towards you at all. I'm just saying that I'm sure these could get made again by someone who was willing to do that.

jepherz

Staff member
Make sure you post up in the bad guy thread if you haven't received something so that we can somewhat keep track of it all.

desant78

Anyone have dimensions? If so I'm sure I could get a few made.

Okayplayer

I don't have the measurements for that particular bracket, but there is the one from dsmtalk, that achieves the same thing, although it isn't concentric, and drops the caliper a bit lower. I wouldn't mind going that way either. At least that one is accessible for the dimensions.

SmoothCustomer

He posted on here recently to sell his car since he is apparently desperate for cash. You will not be receiving your parts. Tell your friends not to ever order from him again. He was a poor seller in the past and he's even worse now. I don't think he volitionally stole everyone's money just to profit, I do believe that he got in over his head but he clearly doesn't know how to conduct business.

marvinmadman

What material thickness needs to be? I could make these easily.

alansupra94

I mean excuse me for sounding like a douche but couldn't you get an aluminum plate(easier to drill than SS) and using a band saw and a drill make something very similar to that?

Last edited:

desant78

I could also make these pretty easily if anyone knows the thickness. I have access to a water jet, which would take seconds to make this.

I would opt to use stainless steel since I am not doing any analysis of the bracket to ensure that aluminum won't fail.

For the guys saying I'm scamming funds intentionally, please note this is not the case. I've posted my position in the bad guy thread & tyring to dig myself out of a bad place. I've been issuing refunds where, when & as quickly as I can. I would think that all I've contributed here would lead people to know that I'm not a scammer. I do appreciate all your patience as I try to get back on my feet. The community has been good to me & that's not something I want to take advantage of. I've responded to all PM's.

Okayplayer

Quoting desant78:
I could also make these pretty easily if anyone knows the thickness. I have access to a water jet, which would take seconds to make this.

I would opt to use stainless steel since I am not doing any analysis of the bracket to ensure that aluminum won't fail.

The thickness of it is 3/8". Hopefully this won't be necessary, as Garfield has returned my pm and hopefully I will have what I ordered.

desant78

Ok. Let me know if there is an issue, out of support I can be able to help you out, not so much for profit or to mass produce these, just to help things keep moving along on this board, and more importantly help out those who have the raw end of this deal with tunersnation.

I am rooting for Garfield here, I am not trying to undermine him or to take business from tunersnation. Just trying to help out any member that is stuck in a situation where no one wins.

Last edited:

Okayplayer

Ok I really appreciate the support. I will definitely seek you out if Garfield fulfill his terms.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts