The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trying to look for a Good radiator, your thoughts?

WaRrIoRs16

The 1g Fluidyne will sit into the lower brackets just fine. It will be shorter though, like others have already said. I ran a 1g Fluidyne in my VR-4 last summer and am now selling it due to ditching A/C and getting a scirocco one. Here is a picture of mine when I had it in. I had some aluminum pipe that was perfect inside diameter to replace that socket. So I cut two little pieces and used them. Worked find and didn't look shitty IMHO.

GSX_TC

Hmmm interesting, so looks like I'll need to come up with a similar idea when I do mine. Thanks for the helpful pic

belize1334

My $0.02

The radiator in a DSM sits lower than in a GVR4 so that the upper hose slopes down from the engine to the radiator. This is why the cap is on the water neck. On a GVR4 the opposite is true so the cap is on the radiator. Running a DSM water kneck on a GVR4 results in a small air bubble at the top of the radiator. Dose it matter? No. But I wouldn't run a radiator without a cap at the top unless I had no choice.

Last edited:

Vman911

Try ebay..The guy who sells them is in Hong kong and it takes 1-2 weeks to get a alumnium one. Fits pretty good if you look at my install in How to section. Thier pretty cheap also. so far no issues with mine. hope this helps..
Vinman

GSX_TC

im probably just gonna get an EVO 3 koyo then man, i dont want it to look out of place. or maybe i'll take a look at this ebay one yall are talking about.

IncorpoRatedX

why not get an ebay aluminum one for a VR4?

there's a few on ebay right now.

GSX_TC

I don't trust eBay parts, plus I don't wanna have to modify it to work on my car. I'm still undecided on getting a 1G fluidyne or an EVO 3 koyo

Terry Posten

Mine is an eBay unt and works great. And good quality. I run 175 all day long. Unless the t-stat is stuck open, then it is 135 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

asmo

Sometimes radiator shops can recore yours, basically cut the endtanks off yours and replace the middle section, or look around I found a used one at the junk yard from a 92 galant gs with automatic, its the same or better than stock vr4 its a nipendenso oe one it has nice brass metal endtanks.

GSX_TC

I wonder if oreillys sells a brass one for the 92.

vtecds1

I had a stock replacement that was from Radiator Performance. Work flawlessly...The only reason I got rid of it is because I needed more room for my setup.

GSX_TC

Radiator performance? Was it all aluminum construction or all brass?

vtecds1

Performance Radiator . Sorry...It's been awhile. I checked the site and I guess they replaced it with an aluminum core. It use to be brass.

GSX_TC

That pic looks like it has plastic end tanks.

KiNgMaRtY

I have the tuners nation radiator. Great fit other than it being an inch short like most of the others. It already had the bung for the sensor as well. I wasn't too thrilled that it had the Tuner Nation stencil in the inside though

marvinmadman

Ebay has a few all aluminum rads for around $230. Direct bolt in, not for a dsm. And a little thicker than stock.

PolskiVR4

A couple of years ago I asked the same question and I was directed to Radiator Barn and it worked great and fit perfectly. In the description it says plastic end tanks but mine was all metal construction. I dont know if they changed them or not but give them a call and find out.

GSX_TC

hmmm i'll def call them tomorrow then, thanks for the advice.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts