The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TRF Skid Plate

Drew84

Ryan at TRF fabbed me up a skid plate for my Galant based on the Galant they used to have at the shop. 6061, 3/16 Aluminum

Not pictured is one of the rear brackets.

IMG_1455.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

The front bracket mounts between the tow hooks. You can see where the car bottomed out a couple times on me. Mind you I'm not racing just driving out to watch and photograph on the stages. What happens is you head out in the begining of the day, the roads are solid and hard packed. After a few passes of rally cars the roads are now soft and rocky. That's when the car starts to bottom out.

IMG_1456.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

There are two brackets like this at the rear to hold the plate

IMG_1460.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

Installed looking toward the front of the car

IMG_1461.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

Looking rearward, the black bar and cable is part of the lift.

IMG_1462.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

The gap looks bigger here than it really is. If I were actually rallying this car I would have the plate come in front of the bumper and turn up.

IMG_1463.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_1464.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_1465.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_1466.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_1467.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

IMG_1468.JPG by Drew84(PASCARPHOTO), on Flickr

I'm going to do a TSD in a couple weeks, this skid plate should come in handy.

Last edited:

Armitage

Nice, that's something I wish I had back when I was doing TSD/RallyX all the time. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?

Drew84

About $480 with shipping, which considering its a one off part and the fab work needed. I think it was a fair price. As I can do a lot of DIY but this was just out of my reach.

alansupra94

I will probably be making this for my Supra (probably Galant too). The biggest problem is going to be fabricating the mounting points.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned