The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Treadstone

jnava

Staff member
Has anyone had any good reviews on this particular intercooler cores?

5OF2k

I've ran Treadstone cores on a few Honda builds in the past. They're very good cores, and very efficient cores(comparable to precision). What size are you looking into getting?

-Jake

cheekychimp

Well you could ask Jason Bourne, he used to work for them. But their thermal efficiency is somewhat of a closely guarded secret. You heard what happened to him when he tried to sell the technology to Apexi right? Might want to take it to PMs and hide your IP address before you start asking questions you don't really want the answers to!

Last edited:

prove_it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

vr4play

I'm running one on an Audi build I did for a buddy of mine. It seems really efficient as the intake temps stay close to ambient even with the little turbo we had on it before at like 25psi. Haven't logged with the new garret GTX turbo yet. Just got it running last week.

jnava

Staff member
Quoting cheekychimp:
Well you could ask Jason Bourne, he used to work for them. But their thermal efficiency is somewhat of a closely guarded secret. You heard what happened to him when he tried to sell the technology to Apexi right? Might want to take it to PMs and hide your IP address before you start asking questions you don't really want the answers to!

Iseewhatyoudidthere_zps666778ee.jpg

jnava

Staff member
I was looking at the tr8....it indicates a max flow of 750cfm and my fp18g surely doesnt out flow tdo6 20g, which is 650....just seems like a good core to work with.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned