The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Transmission No.KB00APWFU1778?

Specter

Can any one help me identify which transmission is this? It was bolted on a 4g63t 7 bolt motor. I am unable to find any info about this trans. I tried Hyundai transmissions also. Please help!

cspetros

Somewhere on the tranny there should be another code that begins with "F5m" (frontwheel drive, manual) or "W5m" (all wheel drive manual). If it's automatic, it'll say "F4a". If it is the stock transmission from the car, the transaxle code will be listed on a metal plate on the firewall in the engine bay.

Last edited:

Specter

i know the codes i have the list of mitsubishi trans some fellow member posted on the forum. It was the only code written on the trans, its not a mitsubishi, i thought some one might recognize it as a hyundai, but i guess its not that either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

Hertz

Staff member
The 1987 JDM VR-4 transmissions started with KM22... it could be a Mitsu, but that's the best I got.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts